Live Science | Cyborg Future? Elon Musk's Plan to Compete with AI

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I think all this so called technical advance/progress is ballony " a rat race to destruction ", humans lived probably more enjoyable lives 2000 years ago , without all this purpose /speed / usefullness nonsense .
Are his cars costeffective in the first place , overhere electricity is a heavily subsidized industry

Musk estimated that 12 to 15 percent of the global workforce will be out of a job once autonomous vehicles AI take over driving duties, CNBC reported.

Wow exxcelent , the result is that instead of 50 % of global wealth is in the hands of 10 people now its gonna be 80 % in the hands of 10 in 50 years ;)

Musk has also expressed his fear of "deep AI," explaining that an artificial general intelligence would be "smarter than the smartest human on Earth." Though this technology is not an immediate threat, Musk said the combination of human brains with machine intelligence will ensure humanity's continued relevance.

So basically if computers do a better job human beings are no longer relevant , great Elon great idea , i guess youre gonna make everybody happy ;)

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/tesla/...model-3-production-confirmed-to-begin-in-july
https://electrek.co/2017/02/24/tesla-union-elon-musk-addresses-employees/
https://www.forbes.com/sites/howard...en-though-tesla-is-losing-money/#a9f0a13240ee

That's the same guy selling one-way tickets to Mars. From a Tesla space shuttle bus. ;-)
______

With all the computers in the world today, the cell phones, Instagram, Twitter, we see more and more beautiful people with bright ideas and a happier lifestyle, the desire to succeed in all their enterprises, @ all cost, the values are getting more solid, beautiful things and people sell, we live in a robotic age already. When you register to your local pub, or church, or bowling club, they ask you a human card, to make sure you're not ahead with a robot one.
It's like a push-pull system; the transition between real human values and higher robot values.
It's a humorous way to say, with a very very small touch of sarcasm, almost invisible.

We live with our times, we cannot escape in the past, and we cannot escape the future today. Elon Musk is an entrepreneur, like many others.
We are consumers, we like toys to play with, just like when we were kids @ Christmas time with our trains and tanks and the girls with their miniature tea houses and barbie dolls dressed a la mode of the day.
We want to be famous, be stars on Broadway, live in Dubai, act in Hollywood, travel to Italy, sail the seven seas, ...@ a push of a button, one simple click, and everything comes automatic.

AI is already here, like in the Steven Spielberg's film.

No wonder many of us hold on to their vintage gear, and still spin LPs on their TTs plugged to their tube phono stages.
It feels more human...more alive inside (AI).

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Yeah but there is a difference in technology serving human beings as to human beings dominated by technology on profit base .
I ve got some one way tickets into outer space id like to sell as well :p;) for some people

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Music is a good escape. We don't need to drive anymore; the car does it all. We still have to sit in it though.

Here's how I see the future myself: Teleportation

Click on the above ? picture.

? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...038/This-travel-look-like-2030-2050-2100.html
http://www.newsgrio.com/articles/11...cal-plane-seats-and-a-virtual-stonehenge.html

I don't know when; it's the biggest challenge of them all. But for now, communication ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_teleportation

The year today, 2017

Just for a brief moment, a realistic view, a glimpse into the future where one second in time becomes all the time needed to get there:
The year 5017 (300 years from today).

Elon Musk is a virtual visionary. That would make us, you and me .... eternal particles of time. Immortality in space. :b
With a balance of serious humor. We won't be here, but others will...300, 600 years from now, and the'd be looking @ us like an old extinct prehistoric age of some sort of amphibian's class; jumping around like frogs following chiefs who live in white quarters built by us for us. :b

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
In a flat more or less nature less country like holland its an escape , if i lived in komatipoort next to the krugerpark in SA , i wouldnt be much into audio, id be hiking in nature in my spare time.
If i lived in vancouver like you i doubt i d be that much into audio , wanna see those orcas near vancouver island and bears in whistler;)

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Every day is a new day, and every day there is a new picture from somewhere around the world. And it's always a beautiful picture, Bing.
We live on a beautiful blue planet. Today IS the future; everything we do now reflects everywhere @ all time and all spaces.

It's great to wear a a brand new shining Italian made suit and shoes inside a Tesla car in our way to work.
Meanwhile, somewhere else not very far, children are living on the street, sleeping on the street, struggling to eat, waiting to die.

And that, is a balanced picture of space travel, teletransportation, reality of today and tomorrow. A disease we live with from years of broken human values.
Elon Musk's visions are not from this world; they are from the world of material greed. IMO
And that, is what I think. He is not alone Mr. Elon Musk in his entrepreneurial ideas of empire.

It is absolutely disproportionate the world we live in since the beginning of times up to now. AI and robots, we let them take over, the lawmakers break the human laws, they fabricate factories of robots without consideration to human errors. Those Tesla cars are programmed by humans, not robots. The robots simply follow the human's directives, sets of coordinates. Humans are blind of their own flawed environment. Instead of balancing they walk without looking where they're going, driven automatically like herds of robots, falling @ each precipice they perpetrated themselves. Their own design, invention, machination, ...all for what; for making themselves slaves to their own robotic ideas, while still millions of children and people die everyday from starvation.

Artificial Intelligence is not intelligent when the reality is as evident as it is yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Elon Musk must be nuts a little to not envision reality.

Yesterday, today I read the news, oh boy!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing