Michel Jacques Chasseuil | Visit France Top Wine Cellar ( Worth 50 Million Dollars ) Owned by a Mod

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I remember when I could buy Le Chambertin for $30,Petrus for 75 and Romanee-Conti for 500 I never had the chance to taste the Conti,but my Brother had a 1966,for him it was a religious experience. The last excellent burgundy I had was a Le Moine 2003 Clos de Bez. Most wine is too alcoholic today with percentage +14....But I was raised on French wine. I love Burgundy and the old growth vines...not many left. btw my cellar is mostly below grade,stays @ 61 deg,not perfect,but my 2000,2002,2003 could go another 5 to 10 years easy. Thanks for posting

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I love wines Roger; it is strongly anchored in my family's heritage. Other members here also love playing golf; that too is a long love affair.
...Wines and golf and chess...and sports and food and music and arts and cinema. ...And much more; but wines, very.
______

Some shots I took in Quebec City, @ a famous restaurant, in their wine's cave (one of the bests in North America):

2011_0220Image0146.JPG 2011_0220Image0145.JPG 2011_0220Image0144.JPG

28.jpg

Oops! Forget that last one with that young audiophile; I don't know how he got there...no clue.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I love wines Roger; it is strongly anchored in my family's heritage. Other members here also love playing golf; that too is a long love affair.
...Wines and golf and chess...and sports and food and music and arts and cinema. ...And much more; but wines, very.
______

Some shots I took in Quebec City, @ a famous restaurant, in their wine's cave (one of the bests in North America):

View attachment 31053 View attachment 31054 View attachment 31055

View attachment 31056

Oops! Forget that last one with that young audiophile; I don't know how he got there...no clue.

Wonderful Bob....Ah....Corton a wonderful appellation. Too bad were so far a part, we share many passions. My grandfather was from southern France and made his own wine. He was known for his wine in San Francisco while he was alive. I wish when I was a teenager I would have learned the art of wine making from him. There will always be good wine to be drunk,even though my first love is burgundy. I enjoy finding nuggets from around the world,Italy,Spain,Chile,South Africa,Australia,and of course California.

Cheers, Roger

btw I started playing chess before I was ten.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing