Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 35 of 35

Thread: DMA-500 Anniversary Reference Monoblocks

  1. #31
    VIP/Donor [WBF Founding Member] ack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdp632 View Post
    Congrats and enjoy.
    Thanks, but let's hold off until I actually buy them!
    Sources: mod. VPI Aries 3;mod. JMW 10.5i/Ortofon A90;mod. Pass XP-25;Spectral 3000SL xport/mod. Alpha DAC;mod. Magnum Dynalab Etude;mod. Revox B-77II Amplification: Spectral DMC-30SV/DMA-400RS Speakers: Heavily mod. MartinLogan (custom Mundorf xover, cabling, woofers; structural mods);mod. REL Cabling: MIT Oracle 50ic,MA-X/Oracle 90.1 Power: MIT Z-Strip, Magnum Z-Trap; Shunyata Black Mamba CX HC cords, Typhon Tweaks: EAR Isodamp c1002 References: Live unamplified music
    System link WBF

  2. #32
    Addicted to Best! marty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Far Hills, NJ
    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by ack View Post
    They are both current products, and only a few select dealers can carry the 500s.
    Since you can count the number of Spectral dealers on the fingers of one hand, it seems foolish to me that there is any distinction between a dealer and a 'select" dealer. Is there really?

  3. #33
    VIP/Donor [WBF Founding Member] ack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    Since you can count the number of Spectral dealers on the fingers of one hand, it seems foolish to me that there is any distinction between a dealer and a 'select" dealer. Is there really?
    In the US, yes, it's silly, there is only two that carry the 500s. But there are another ~100 more around the world. It's sort of a reward to the best dealers. Nonetheless, I don't care for such business practices in high end audio, or other sh*t like one Pass dealer owning most of the US market, etc.
    Sources: mod. VPI Aries 3;mod. JMW 10.5i/Ortofon A90;mod. Pass XP-25;Spectral 3000SL xport/mod. Alpha DAC;mod. Magnum Dynalab Etude;mod. Revox B-77II Amplification: Spectral DMC-30SV/DMA-400RS Speakers: Heavily mod. MartinLogan (custom Mundorf xover, cabling, woofers; structural mods);mod. REL Cabling: MIT Oracle 50ic,MA-X/Oracle 90.1 Power: MIT Z-Strip, Magnum Z-Trap; Shunyata Black Mamba CX HC cords, Typhon Tweaks: EAR Isodamp c1002 References: Live unamplified music
    System link WBF

  4. #34
    Addicted to Best! PeterA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Shore of Boston
    Posts
    4,261
    Quote Originally Posted by ack View Post
    In the US, yes, it's silly, there is only two that carry the 500s. But there are another ~100 more around the world. It's sort of a reward to the best dealers. Nonetheless, I don't care for such business practices in high end audio, or other sh*t like one Pass dealer owning most of the US market, etc.
    Pass has a unique approach. You can’t compare them to other brick and mortar dealerships. They are not direct to consumer but they’re not conventional dealership model either. The consumer happens to be very well served by the Pass model in my opinion. I would not compare Pass Labs to Spectral when I comes to marketing approach and other services. For instance almost all models are always available with in-home trials.
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-22 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Q3, Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

  5. #35
    VIP/Donor [WBF Founding Member] ack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Pass has a unique approach. You can’t compare them to other brick and mortar dealerships. They are not direct to consumer but they’re not conventional dealership model either. The consumer happens to be very well served by the Pass model in my opinion. I would not compare Pass Labs to Spectral when I comes to marketing approach and other services. For instance almost all models are always available with in-home trials.
    I think Pass has a sick sales model
    Sources: mod. VPI Aries 3;mod. JMW 10.5i/Ortofon A90;mod. Pass XP-25;Spectral 3000SL xport/mod. Alpha DAC;mod. Magnum Dynalab Etude;mod. Revox B-77II Amplification: Spectral DMC-30SV/DMA-400RS Speakers: Heavily mod. MartinLogan (custom Mundorf xover, cabling, woofers; structural mods);mod. REL Cabling: MIT Oracle 50ic,MA-X/Oracle 90.1 Power: MIT Z-Strip, Magnum Z-Trap; Shunyata Black Mamba CX HC cords, Typhon Tweaks: EAR Isodamp c1002 References: Live unamplified music
    System link WBF

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. FOR SALE: VSA VR5 Anniversary MK1.5s..
    By es347 in forum Buy and Sell Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-20-2014, 06:32 PM
  2. KMA 100 Monoblocks
    By Keith UK in forum Krell Audio Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-15-2013, 11:12 AM
  3. For Sale: Mark Levinson NO. 53 Reference Monoblocks
    By AMP in forum Buy and Sell Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2012, 09:11 PM
  4. Cary CAD-211 AE monoblocks
    By microstrip in forum Power Amplifiers and Preamplifiers Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-15-2012, 10:59 AM
  5. FPB 600/c/700cx vs MDA 500 monoblocks
    By MCLSOUND in forum Krell Audio Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 05:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •