Thread: Oppo 105 DAC

Oppo 105 DAC

Does anyone use the DAC by connecting a laptop to the USB Audio input? I'm having all sorts of problems. I downloaded and installed the driver, and my JRiver software recognizes it, but when I play a file, I get an error message:

Also, the driver does not show up as an audio device in my Device Manager, which is weird since JRiver recognizes it! Any suggestions? Thank you.
    DALI Epicon 2 speakers; SVS SB13 Ultra sub; PrimaLuna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03 SACD player; Oppo 105 Blu-ray player; Audeze LCD-XC headphones; VPI Scout 1.1 turntable/Ortofon 2m Black cartridge

You need to find a way to download the older driver (from 2012, I think), unless you have a 105D; then the newest driver will work.
    Oppo Modwright BDP-105 full mod
    Pass Labs INT-60
    Acoustic Zen Crescendos
    Acoustic Zen cables

The link on the Oppo 105 support page does not work, which I assume is probably the old one. A customer service tech sent me a link that did work, but I'd guess it's the new one. Grr! Another problem, which I don't think they've addressed, is the lack of gapless playback.
    DALI Epicon 2 speakers; SVS SB13 Ultra sub; PrimaLuna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03 SACD player; Oppo 105 Blu-ray player; Audeze LCD-XC headphones; VPI Scout 1.1 turntable/Ortofon 2m Black cartridge