Are we sometimes disillusioned in this audio business/hobby?

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Ked, analog has taken a massive upstick in the last 48 hrs
Call it warming up, melding in, whatever, the Gods are smiling on me
There are some comparative issues Lp v cd, but I am very happy
After a lot of research online, and a throwaway comment by Bill, my only additional interest in analog is the Peter Reinders' PTP Solid 12 restored and beefed up Lenco L75 idler drive w Schick 12"
But I am v content as is w my analog
Re digital, I am likely to go Oppo Sonica dac/streamer option at $799
So nothing here to break the bank, and not what I would call radical upgrading to the elusive next best thing
Streaming will be an add on, not replacement

Marc, This seems like quite a turnaround from that other thread you started where you were expressly dissatisfied with you analog, and you were contemplating a major upgrade to either your analog or your digital. I'm glad you are happy again. Congratulations on your new room and sound. Satisfaction is all that matters.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Peter, tbh I may have jumped the gun re dissatisfaction w my tt
It was just so "different" in gain w the new room compared to my digital which was all gain and no pain
I should have guessed that a brand new stylus, and a phono and assocd psu getting cold w non use for over a year, were going to sound slower and more congested out of the blocks
Now my digital was cold too, but as we know, analog magic has to be teased and cajoled to make her sound of her best
And then my Entreq grounding kicked in to help further
Despite this I'm still aware of certain performance differences, but I am so much happier
I hope you got my PM, Peter

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing