VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I by first pressings when I can, if they're a better number than I already have. They sound better.

The article didn't directly say it, but it is the most widely circulated vinyl LP of all time.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I'm a bit older, and when Rumours came out, I was too involved in family and career to notice. I first heard FM's first album with Nicks and Buckingham (that preceeded Rumours) through audiophile channels - when Mobile Fidelity first did their issue in the late '70's - one of the first albums MoFi released. Last year I bought a very large collection of safety masters (15ips 2 track tapes) and there were three FM albums in the collection, including FM, Rumours and Tusk. I had always heard that the original master tape of Rumours had been damaged, but this safety master sounds very fine.

Larry

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
my daughter was born in 1975, and my son in 1977.....so Rumours came at a special time for me.

I have an original pressing, and it's awesome sounding. the bass response of the OP is quite amazing. I bought at least 10 early pressings before I found this one. it kills the 45 rpm reissue.

I also have a very excellent 15ips 1/4" safety dub of Rumours which easily betters the OP. it's interesting as 'Never Going Back Again' on the tape is a different mix than on the Lp. someone might know what that says about this dub and where it came from.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
They are my favorite group of all time alongside the Eagles. I can't tell you the number of times I've seen them. Before my wife and I got married I took her to a Fleetwood Mac concert at Irvine Meadows and sat dead center in row AAA in the pit. We watched her between songs go off stage and blow some white powder up her nose. Several years ago we saw them in Oakland just off to the left of the stage where a bunch of stoners kept chanting in their stoned monotonic voice, "we love you Stevie"

Like Mike, I have countless copies of that album including the tape. The album is one of my favorites

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Aha! indeed some great Nostalgia with a great band--I was assisting Annie Leibovitz ( she is a photographer for those who don't know ) at the time and we shot the Rolling Stone cover to celebrate the Albums success

Here is an old saved Polaroid snap taken in the Studio--my job to setup/light test camera/ Strobes/etc /etc-- the group was very friendly and all in all pleasure to work with--chatty and they signed the Album for me:D!

Good times!

BruceD

FW RS.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing