What potentiometer should I use for this phono pre-amp?

hyuna

Dec 12, 2016
Please consider this DIY phono pre-amp.

The text states, that resistors R9 and R22 may be exchanged for potentiometers for gain control.

Since the circuit uses 1.2k? resistors for R9 and R22, I was wondering what kind of potentiometer I'd need. I was thinking of a logarithmic 10k? pot. However I'm not sure. In case there's a formula for computing this kind of resistance, please let me know.

The arrow "-VA" at IC1 (pin 4) should connect to the "-VA" point above C2, right? Likewise on the right channel.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing