Will MQA drive hdtracks, acoustic sounds, and other hirez sites out of business?

Yuri Korzunov

Jul 30, 2015
And yet, virtually 100% of "professional" reviewers, and a lot of other Internet posters claim that this "system" results in better sound than just playing the straight PCM hi-res files (24/192, 24/96, 24/88.2, 24/48 or 24/44.1, whatever format the master is in)

If for comparison full systems (from ADC to DAC) are taken - result depend on implementation of each system.
Like DSD vs. PCM.

I trust only claims after proper testing, where exactly described all conditions and methodic.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
...I trust only claims after proper testing, where exactly described all conditions and methodic.

As it should be. But...the prominent audio reviewers have an undue influence on success and failure in the marketplace, and I (and many others) think it would be a big mistake for the audio industry to adopt MQA as the default and perhaps only delivery system for "high resolution" digital audio. Nevertheless, at this time that appears to be a distinct possibility, not least because it will give the record companies a chance to sell us the same old albums again

Yuri Korzunov

Jul 30, 2015
As it should be. But...the prominent audio reviewers have an undue influence on success and failure in the marketplace, and I (and many others) think it would be a big mistake for the audio industry to adopt MQA as the default and perhaps only delivery system for "high resolution" digital audio. Nevertheless, at this time that appears to be a distinct possibility, not least because it will give the record companies a chance to sell us the same old albums again

I understand, what you mean. I hope, that variety of audio formats will kept as before.

Nobody can sell you old album in new pack. Except you will want to buy it for sound improvement or other reason.
Contrary, business will support legacy records, if customers will demand.

Looks to vinyl last year, as example. Even high resolution, including DSD, that have obviously higher fidelity (lower distortions) don't kill it.
People want vinyl, people love vinyl sound more than digital, business make vinyl.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing