Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Will MQA drive hdtracks, acoustic sounds, and other hirez sites out of business?

Quote Originally Posted by bmoura View Post
    From my listening to MQA, you are better off with the WAV and FLAC editions of the music than what happens to the music after MQA processing.
    Clearly something each listener will have to decide for him/herself. So far, the opinions of internet posters (and especialy audio reviewers) who have spent time listening to both MQA and hi-res PCM have been overwhelmingly in favor of MQA.
    Oppo Modwright BDP-105 full mod
    Pass Labs INT-60
    Acoustic Zen Crescendos
    Acoustic Zen cables

Quote Originally Posted by rbbert View Post
    Clearly something each listener will have to decide for him/herself. So far, the opinions of internet posters (and especialy audio reviewers) who have spent time listening to both MQA and hi-res PCM have been overwhelmingly in favor of MQA.
    Depends on who you talk to.
    One well known producer and recording engineer, after hearing MQA, told me "I don't want MQA mucking around with my audio."

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    One well known producer and recording engineer, after hearing MQA, told me "I don't want MQA mucking around with my audio."
    what I will watch for is the contrast between what MQA does when optimized, and what HQ Player does when optimized. since HQ Player improves all digital formats and resolutions, and is helpful to dsd, I see it as being potentially more helpful to the highest performance listeners. maybe if you are a streaming fan mostly focused on redbook level music streaming listening, MQA might be more relevant.

these are just my views based on a limited understanding of MQA, but enjoying the lift of the SGM music server with a hot rodded HQ Player. I have more high rez PCM and dsd than redbook and streaming Tidal is not currently a main focus. and currently produced music is a small part of my daily listening. and I don't need an easy delivery system with 15 terabytes of music already on my server.
    Last edited by Mike Lavigne; 02-18-2017 at 09:35 PM.
    Wave Kinetics NVS tt, (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*Lampi SE GG dac, CAPSv4 server. (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darTZeel NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *darTZeel NHB-458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, Tara Labs GME w/HRX 2m RCA's. *Tripoint Troy Sig, Entreq Sil Tellus + Poseidon, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kinetics A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

No it doesn't. I wasn't expressing my opinion, merely an undeniable fact. Compare the number of people posting positively about MQA with those who post negatively. Especially among audio reviewers, it's remarkably one-sided. That doesn't mean that MQA sounds better.
    Oppo Modwright BDP-105 full mod
    Pass Labs INT-60
    Acoustic Zen Crescendos
    Acoustic Zen cables

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011