Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: Will MQA drive hdtracks, acoustic sounds, and other hirez sites out of business?

Quote Originally Posted by rbbert View Post
    And yet, virtually 100% of "professional" reviewers, and a lot of other Internet posters claim that this "system" results in better sound than just playing the straight PCM hi-res files (24/192, 24/96, 24/88.2, 24/48 or 24/44.1, whatever format the master is in)
    If for comparison full systems (from ADC to DAC) are taken - result depend on implementation of each system.
    Like DSD vs. PCM.

I trust only claims after proper testing, where exactly described all conditions and methodic.
    AuI ConverteR 48x44 (ISO, DFF, DSF, WAV, FLAC, AIFF,...) developer http://samplerateconverter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri Korzunov View Post
    ...I trust only claims after proper testing, where exactly described all conditions and methodic.
    As it should be. But...the prominent audio reviewers have an undue influence on success and failure in the marketplace, and I (and many others) think it would be a big mistake for the audio industry to adopt MQA as the default and perhaps only delivery system for "high resolution" digital audio. Nevertheless, at this time that appears to be a distinct possibility, not least because it will give the record companies a chance to sell us the same old albums again
    Oppo Modwright BDP-105 full mod
    Pass Labs INT-60
    Acoustic Zen Crescendos
    Acoustic Zen cables

Quote Originally Posted by rbbert View Post
    As it should be. But...the prominent audio reviewers have an undue influence on success and failure in the marketplace, and I (and many others) think it would be a big mistake for the audio industry to adopt MQA as the default and perhaps only delivery system for "high resolution" digital audio. Nevertheless, at this time that appears to be a distinct possibility, not least because it will give the record companies a chance to sell us the same old albums again
    I understand, what you mean. I hope, that variety of audio formats will kept as before.

Nobody can sell you old album in new pack. Except you will want to buy it for sound improvement or other reason.
    Contrary, business will support legacy records, if customers will demand.

Looks to vinyl last year, as example. Even high resolution, including DSD, that have obviously higher fidelity (lower distortions) don't kill it.
    People want vinyl, people love vinyl sound more than digital, business make vinyl.
    AuI ConverteR 48x44 (ISO, DFF, DSF, WAV, FLAC, AIFF,...) developer http://samplerateconverter.com

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617