Any Technical Brain owners here ?

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Hi everyone, i would like to have feedbacks from Technical Brain owners, integrated or separates.
If you have auditioned this gear please chime in.
I'd be curious to know how this brand stands compared to D'agostino, Ypsilon and others.

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
A few years ago, I listened to Technical Brain mono amps in my system.

They were and still are the best solid state amps I've ever heard.

Totally neutral top to bottom, unlike the darker sound of the Pass Labs XA-200.5s, which we compared them to (I haven't heard any of the
D'agostino or Ypsilon gear).

If they weren't so expensive, they'd still be here.

If you can afford the
Technical Brain gear, you should try and hear it.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
A few years ago, I listened to Technical Brain mono amps in my system.

They were and still are the best solid state amps I've ever heard.

Totally neutral top to bottom, unlike the darker sound of the Pass Labs XA-200.5s, which we compared them to (I haven't heard any of the
D'agostino or Ypsilon gear).

If they weren't so expensive, they'd still be here.

If you can afford the
Technical Brain gear, you should try and hear it.

Hi mauidan, thanks for your input i've heard there was some reliability issues with the first versions in 2011 but i guess it has been fixed since than.
Unfortunately at €125K for the separates it's not in my price range but i will go audition the integrated.
Ypsilon is much much more affordable and still beeing reference level gear.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Bobbi

Mar 5, 2016
Panamera, Nice shot of your power amp!

I have the integrated Techncal Brain also and it is a real gem imo.

very powerful and neutral

Reactions: bonzo75

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Nice DAC :)

Bobbi

Mar 5, 2016
I can live with TB amps for a very long time.
I feel the same way.
Before I purchased my TB Int I had a number of amplifiers I was considering. The TB Mono/Int really made a big impression and now I don't feel the urge to try anything else.

Congrats on a fantastic setup.

Reactions: Ventor

Ventor

Jan 11, 2019
Hi everyone, i would like to have feedbacks from Technical Brain owners, integrated or separates.
If you have auditioned this gear please chime in.
I'd be curious to know how this brand stands compared to D'agostino, Ypsilon and others.
Thank you. I start from integrated, compared them to all those that were available and understood, I can live with TB amps for a very long time.
Who is US importer or Dealer, want to inquire..

Ventor

Jan 11, 2019
I feel the same way.
Before I purchased my TB Int I had a number of amplifiers I was considering. The TB Mono/Int really made a big impression and now I don't feel the urge to try anything else.

where did you buy in US??

Ventor

Jan 11, 2019
I feel the same way.

Where to Buy??

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing