Love turntable on Kickstarter

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

opus112

Feb 24, 2016
Zhejiang
I'd be worried about rumble from such an arrangement - I see they are showing a spec of <-60dBa but they don't say if that's a weighted measurement or not.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Oh, this is rich!

"LOVE plays vinyl the traditional way, with a stylus, with the crackles and pops, with that rich, warm analog sound that bring each song to life."

Really, I didn't know the crackles and pops were part of the rich warm analog sound we all crave.

Next:
Bandwidth (3dB): 20 Hz to 18 KHz
Sample rate: 44 kHz, 16 bit stereo
Channel Separation: 25dB at 1kHz
Channel Balance: 2dB

Really? What part of 16/44 is the "rich warm analog sound we all crave"?
And how can you go wrong with channel balance that is within 2 dB? Not 0.2dB. 2dB!!

Honestly, I'm tempted to give them $319 just so I can be the first on my block to see exactly how this amazing piece of crap sounds.

Here's the sad part- First, it is actually a damn clever device. Really. Second, millennials will love this thing and the company will probably make a fortune.
But as they say on Shark Tank- I'm out. I do not want to die and go to Heaven to meet God, with his Wilson Chronosonic speakers playing LPs on a uber expensive rig in the background, and have him look at me and say: "You bought what? Get the hell out of here. Literally."

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
Oh, this is rich!

"LOVE plays vinyl the traditional way, with a stylus, with the crackles and pops, with that rich, warm analog sound that bring each song to life."

Really, I didn't know the crackles and pops were part of the rich warm analog sound we all crave.

Next:

And how can you go wrong with channel balance that is within 2 dB? Not 0.2dB. 2dB!!

Honestly, I'm tempted to give them $319 just so I can be the first on my block to see exactly how this amazing piece of crap sounds.

Here's the sad part- First, it is actually a damn clever device. Really. Second, millennials will love this thing and the company will probably make a fortune.
But as they say on Shark Tank- I'm out. I do not want to die and go to Heaven to meet God, with his Wilson Chronosonic speakers playing LPs on a uber expensive rig in the background, and have him look at me and say: "You bought what? Get the hell out of here. Literally."

But can it outperform this vintage analog version?

bk1f7yiiun5e.jpg

Here's a link to the full review: http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/166823/audio-magazine-april-1978-prof-lirpa-vdrs-full-review Lirpa VDRS Review

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Or these two alternatives:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Oh, this is rich!

Next:

Very funny, Marty! Thank you for this post!

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
I have a strong feeling that this will succeed in the marketplace as it is not aimed at anyone that cares about musical reproduction.

If you have ever shopped for a turntable with a Millennial you will understand that this demographic is looking cool with convenience.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing