best amps for vivid audio Giya G2

felix01

Feb 5, 2017
hello,

for a few months i have some vivid giya G2
i am looking for nice amp what works great with them.
Do you people have suggestions??
i was thinking about:vitis sia 02,dartzeel cth 8550,luxman..

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
hello,

I have heard them with bridged Luxman compared with Ypsilon Aelius, and preferred the Luxman on all counts. The Vitus Class A SM 102 is brilliant, don't know your model but check if the class A 100 watts is sufficient.

There is a German amp called Symphonic line Kraft, class A 300 watts which is brilliant, 18k euro retail but unfortunately not a good used market.

Are you in the EU?

I have also heard the G4 with spectral 360 and MBL 2011

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
Just about all the vivid owners I know in South Africa , and I know quite a few (at least 10) , use Devialet .. very good pairing right across the range.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
I have a friend who has the G2 with Devialet ... and is currently looking for an amp replacement. IMO this is not an universal combination at all. Fast and transparent - yes, but not enough body and color for me.

For the very same reason I doubt the darTZeel integrated will be a good match. I would rather go with sth on the warm side of neutral, like Vitus SIA-25/SS-101 or D'Agostiono Momentum Integrated.

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
I have had the G2's for 3 years and have been using the ASR Emitter for the past year and a half. Plenty of power and panache. Are you planning on buying your amp without in home audition?

felix01

Feb 5, 2017
I have heard them with bridged Luxman compared with Ypsilon Aelius, and preferred the Luxman on all counts. The Vitus Class A SM 102 is brilliant, don't know your model but check if the class A 100 watts is sufficient.

There is a German amp called Symphonic line Kraft, class A 300 watts which is brilliant, 18k euro retail but unfortunately not a good used market.

Are you in the EU?

I have also heard the G4 with spectral 360 and MBL 2011

Yes , i am living in Europe

I Had audio Research REF 150 which i used with my avalons,but for me it is not a good match,so i sold it.

felix01

Feb 5, 2017
hello,

no i plan buying with home audition,but first i wan to make a selection ...

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
What was wrong with Ref 150 ?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
for me it was not a good combination...
Maybe after years with tube amps it is time for something else.

What is the whole system?
I will risk that if you had the REF150 with Avalons before, probably you were missing the air and natural balance of this combination when you changed speakers.

felix01

Feb 5, 2017
What is the whole system?
I will risk that if you had the REF150 with Avalons before, probably you were missing the air and natural balance of this combination when you changed speakers.

Before it was:avalon transcandent,arc ref5se,arc ref159,chord dave dac,aurender xl 100. Now it is vivid G2,chord dave dac,aurender xl 100,trinnov st 2 as pre and arc ref150-ci audo d200 as power amp,so i am looking for a new pre- power combo or an integrated amp .It was my goal the build a new system around the vivid speakers which i like a lot!

Bobbi

Mar 5, 2016
dartzeelvivid.jpeg

Anyone attend this? I would of thought Dartzeel would be great on Vivid.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

caesar

May 30, 2010
hello,

Whenever I heard them at shows, they are together with Luxman or Ayre... Luxman kills Ayre, per my taste, as Ayre maintains many bad elements of solid state sound...

However, I would go with tubes over solid state...Specifically, I would go with CAT (convergent audio technologies), as not all tube amps are created equal. With CAT, you would get insane fluidity, texture, great musical detail resolution (yet no fake detail), speed, macro and micro dynamics, and bass that hits like Mike Tyson in his prime. That pretty much could be a desert island system...

murphys33

Sep 28, 2011
I have my giya G3 with dan dagostino momentum stereo amp. Then I did consider the vitus as well but managed to source a good second hand dan and that represented better value. My impression is that you would not go wrong with either choice.

tedtag

Jul 19, 2016
Georgia
Whenever I heard them at shows, they are together with Luxman or Ayre... Luxman kills Ayre, per my taste, as Ayre maintains many bad elements of solid state sound...

However, I would go with tubes over solid state...Specifically, I would go with CAT (convergent audio technologies), as not all tube amps are created equal. With CAT, you would get insane fluidity, texture, great musical detail resolution (yet no fake detail), speed, macro and micro dynamics, and bass that hits like Mike Tyson in his prime. That pretty much could be a desert island system...

I've got a pair a Vivid Spirit's on order to match with CAT Statements/ CAT Legend preamp to go in a dedicated room that is almost done. I'll report back in a couple of months when the speakers arrive and I've had a chance to dial in the system. Should sound pretty good.

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
I've got a pair a Vivid Spirit's on order to match with CAT Statements/ CAT Legend preamp to go in a dedicated room that is almost done. I'll report back in a couple of months when the speakers arrive and I've had a chance to dial in the system. Should sound pretty good.

Ya think?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Vocals

Jazz

Classical

CH Precision

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
That room was fantastic. Distinctly remember it

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing