New VPI 3D Arm

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
I've read that there may be a new arm introduced. Anyone know anything?

Vienna

VIP/Donor
a very useful tip for the owners of VPI 3D tonearms by Harry H ( VPI Owner and Chief Designer ) to straighten them in the rare case that they are not straight :

28F39F1B-5DFD-462B-B58C-A8B49AF4794E.jpeg

marmota

Feb 3, 2016
a very useful tip for the owners of VPI 3D tonearms by Harry H ( VPI Owner and Chief Designer ) to straighten them in the rare case that they are not straight :

View attachment 74384

Disgusting for any reputable company. It's the same modus operandi as Hifiman, which impunely does similar stuff with their headphones. The problem with this is that gains from fools continue to easily outweigh the disgust of the informed.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I recall making the decision to replace my tubes on my bicycle with Slime innertubes. Bicycle tires have a strong bead to hold the tire on the rim. When you put the tire back on the rim you have to do it by hand. It is not a big deal at home. It is quite a nuisance out on the trail. You can pinch the tube with obvious consequences.
From time to time tires have to be re-inflated. I think you know where I am going. The fluid used to block a puncture was quite effective. So much so that it blocked the inflation valve. That made impossible to inflate or deflate the tire. I had to cut the tire and innertube off from the rim. Slime replaced the tube but declined to replace the brand new $50 Continental Gatorskin(without explanation). Yes there was fix. But it was nowhere on the box.. That sort of thing should have been divulged before the sale.
I had to remove the valve on each tire of all three of my bikes and replace. Draining the tire each time it needed to deflated r inflated at let alone on the train was a deal breaker.

VPI should divulge this problem and the cure before the purchase.. The buyer can decide whether it is woth it.IMO.

Reactions: Vienna

loki1957

Sep 19, 2012
Santa Fe NM
I recall making the decision to replace my tubes on my bicycle with Slime innertubes. Bicycle tires have a strong bead to hold the tire on the rim. When you put the tire back on the rim you have to do it by hand. It is not a big deal at home. It is quite a nuisance out on the trail. You can pinch the tube with obvious consequences.
From time to time tires have to be re-inflated. I think you know where I am going. The fluid used to block a puncture was quite effective. So much so that it blocked the inflation valve. That made impossible to inflate or deflate the tire. I had to cut the tire and innertube off from the rim. Slime replaced the tube but declined to replace the brand new $50 Continental Gatorskin(without explanation). Yes there was fix. But it was nowhere on the box.. That sort of thing should have been divulged before the sale.
I had to remove the valve on each tire of all three of my bikes and replace. Draining the tire each time it needed to deflated r inflated at let alone on the train was a deal breaker.

VPI should divulge this problem and the cure before the purchase.. The buyer can decide whether it is woth it.IMO.
vPI shouldn't make tonearms. See my post about the fat boy that came on my hw40.
John

• Haha
Reactions: BillK

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing