Time Crystals And Black Holes are 2D Holograms???

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-just-announced-a-brand-new-form-of-matter-time-crystals

For months now, there's been speculation that researchers might have finally created time crystals - strange crystals that have an atomic structure that repeats not just in space, but in time, putting them in constant oscillation without energy.
Now it's official - researchers have just reported in detail how to make and measure these bizarre crystals. And two independent teams of scientists claim they've actually created time crystals in the lab based off this blueprint, confirming the existence of an entirely new phase of matter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...uk_58907150e4b0ce6c8c2cf118?m4h3z95d858sn61or

Professor Kostas Skenderis of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Southampton said: “The idea is similar to that of ordinary holograms where a three-dimensional image is encoded in a two-dimensional surface, such as in the hologram on a credit card. However, this time, the entire universe is encoded!”
The researchers added that the model was not dissimilar to watching a 3D film: the pictures have depth, despite coming from a 2D screen.

Using data from advanced telescopes and sensing equipment, the scientists observed the microwaves which originated from the universe’s creation, finding that simple quantum field theories could explain nearly all their observations.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Thanks, fixed

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
OK - Admins, can you please fix???

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..BHM...Black Holes Matter

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
If you want to know what science will figure out to be true in the future, look into Buddhist philosophy. You won't get an explanation in the same exact terms as quantum mechanics of course, but I think science will confirm this philosophy to be factually correct.

Buddhist philosophy explains the source of all phenomenon and how it manifests. What science already knows about quantum mechanics and atomic structure, along with theories on holographic projection agree with the Buddhist theory of impermanence and the view that the solid world we perceive as humans is illusory, a shared dream... Ultimately consciousness determines manifestation and this agrees with the Heisenberg uncertainty principle and experiments where observation changes the outcome of the experiment.

Keep in mind Buddhist philosophy is very different from the religious aspects of Buddhism and I'm absolutely not talking about religion. Buddhism is also a philosophy about the way the world works, described in great detail, and it's (partial at this point) validation by science is a totally different conversation vs religion, so let's please not start any religious debates or take this post the wrong way. I'm an engineer and more interested in the way the world works than having faith in whatever.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Any way of visualizing or explaining a "structure that repeats in time, not just in space"?

I think discoveries like this are far more likely to be a solution to energy issues than batteries or fuel cells...

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
If you want to know what science will figure out to be true in the future, look into Buddhist philosophy. You won't get an explanation in the same exact terms as quantum mechanics of course, but I think science will confirm this philosophy to be factually correct.

Buddhist philosophy explains the source of all phenomenon and how it manifests. What science already knows about quantum mechanics and atomic structure, along with theories on holographic projection agree with the Buddhist theory of impermanence and the view that the solid world we perceive as humans is illusory, a shared dream... Ultimately consciousness determines manifestation and this agrees with the Heisenberg uncertainty principle and experiments where observation changes the outcome of the experiment.

Keep in mind Buddhist philosophy is very different from the religious aspects of Buddhism and I'm absolutely not talking about religion. Buddhism is also a philosophy about the way the world works, described in great detail, and it's (partial at this point) validation by science is a totally different conversation vs religion, so let's please not start any religious debates or take this post the wrong way. I'm an engineer and more interested in the way the world works than having faith in whatever.

And this is what makes you "the most interesting man in the world" (even if the beer comapny has moved on...)

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Another amazing and fascinating and (as the story says) frickin weird thing thanks Ack, love your science alerts.

In an age that is so full and confident in all that we know of things we get reminded just how breathtakingly extraordinary and still surprising is this universe that we are all riding along in.

Thanks. We are slowly coming to realize that states of matter is an incredibly complex phenomenon, and probably not disassociated from time - hard to picture this. Here's an interesting summary in the Wall Street Journal https://www.wsj.com/articles/scient...tter-dubbed-time-crystals-1488998924?mod=e2fb

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
So on Saturday morning I was meeting up and taking some of my students around a landscape site discussing sustainability in design and I got to our site early, so I'm reading your link to the time crystals and trying to get my head around the notion of matter not in equilibrium and assymetrical in state and I have to say it felt so inspiring to be part of a world where physics is almost poetic and almost unimaginably fantastic. I feel so unprepared to understand these concepts and simply wish I had been a better student myself.

These are the most refreshing of threads, I can only really glimpse the edges of them but that is fine enough. It's like seeing the veil between and knowing that behind it is something beyond us. It really is for me the seam of the edge between science and spirituality.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing