Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time Crystals And Black Holes are 2D Holograms???

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! DaveC's Avatar
    Any way of visualizing or explaining a "structure that repeats in time, not just in space"?

I think discoveries like this are far more likely to be a solution to energy issues than batteries or fuel cells...
    Industry Affiliation:
    I own ZenWave Audio
    zenwaveaudio.com
    dave@zenwaveaudio.com
    Furutech Dealer

VIP/Donor [WBF Founding Member] ack's Avatar

It's Official: Time Crystals Are a New State of Matter, and Now We Can Create Them

Two separate research teams managed to create what looked an awful lot like time crystals back in January, and now both experiments have successfully passed peer-review for the first time, putting the 'impossible' phenomenon squarely in the realm of reality.
    http://www.sciencealert.com/it-s-off...an-create-them

This is candidate for a Nobel prize.
    Sources: mod. VPI Aries 3;mod. JMW 10.5i/Ortofon A90;mod. Pass XP-25;Spectral 3000SL xport/mod. Alpha DAC;mod. Magnum Dynalab Etude;mod. Revox B-77II Amplification: Spectral DMC-30SV/DMA-400RS Speakers: Heavily mod. MartinLogan (custom Mundorf xover, cabling, woofers; structural mods);mod. REL Cabling: MIT Oracle 50ic,MA-X/Oracle 90.1 Power: MIT Z-Strip, Magnum Z-Trap; Shunyata Black Mamba CX HC cords, Typhon Tweaks: EAR Isodamp c1002 References: Live unamplified music
    System link WBF

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    If you want to know what science will figure out to be true in the future, look into Buddhist philosophy. You won't get an explanation in the same exact terms as quantum mechanics of course, but I think science will confirm this philosophy to be factually correct.

Buddhist philosophy explains the source of all phenomenon and how it manifests. What science already knows about quantum mechanics and atomic structure, along with theories on holographic projection agree with the Buddhist theory of impermanence and the view that the solid world we perceive as humans is illusory, a shared dream... Ultimately consciousness determines manifestation and this agrees with the Heisenberg uncertainty principle and experiments where observation changes the outcome of the experiment.

Keep in mind Buddhist philosophy is very different from the religious aspects of Buddhism and I'm absolutely not talking about religion. Buddhism is also a philosophy about the way the world works, described in great detail, and it's (partial at this point) validation by science is a totally different conversation vs religion, so let's please not start any religious debates or take this post the wrong way. I'm an engineer and more interested in the way the world works than having faith in whatever.
    And this is what makes you "the most interesting man in the world" (even if the beer comapny has moved on...)
    —Bob Vineyard, aka bobvin

My system: Benz LPS, Einstein Turntables' Choice phono-pre (dual mono version), Audio Research DAC8, Audio Research Ref10 pre, Audio Research Ref75 amp w.KT150 tubes, Wilson Alexia speakers. Transparent Ref MM2 & Gen5 signal cables, Shunyata Zitron Sigma, AlphaNR, Python, Anaconda, Cobra power cables. Shunyata Hydra Triton v3. Stillpoints. HRS. Acoustic environment optimized by Dr. Bonnie Schnitta of SoundSense.

Quote Originally Posted by ack View Post
    http://www.sciencealert.com/it-s-off...an-create-them

This is candidate for a Nobel prize.
    Another amazing and fascinating and (as the story says) frickin weird thing thanks Ack, love your science alerts.

In an age that is so full and confident in all that we know of things we get reminded just how breathtakingly extraordinary and still surprising is this universe that we are all riding along in.
    Magnepan 20.7 - Shindo - Sanders - Chord - Shunyata Cyclops & Z Anaconda and Python PCs - Wireworld Platinum Eclipse SCs, ICs, USB, jumpers - Stillpoint Ultra 5s throughout the system.

VIP/Donor [WBF Founding Member] ack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the sound of Tao View Post
    Another amazing and fascinating and (as the story says) frickin weird thing thanks Ack, love your science alerts.

In an age that is so full and confident in all that we know of things we get reminded just how breathtakingly extraordinary and still surprising is this universe that we are all riding along in.
    Thanks. We are slowly coming to realize that states of matter is an incredibly complex phenomenon, and probably not disassociated from time - hard to picture this. Here's an interesting summary in the Wall Street Journal https://www.wsj.com/articles/scienti...98924?mod=e2fb
    Sources: mod. VPI Aries 3;mod. JMW 10.5i/Ortofon A90;mod. Pass XP-25;Spectral 3000SL xport/mod. Alpha DAC;mod. Magnum Dynalab Etude;mod. Revox B-77II Amplification: Spectral DMC-30SV/DMA-400RS Speakers: Heavily mod. MartinLogan (custom Mundorf xover, cabling, woofers; structural mods);mod. REL Cabling: MIT Oracle 50ic,MA-X/Oracle 90.1 Power: MIT Z-Strip, Magnum Z-Trap; Shunyata Black Mamba CX HC cords, Typhon Tweaks: EAR Isodamp c1002 References: Live unamplified music
    System link WBF

So on Saturday morning I was meeting up and taking some of my students around a landscape site discussing sustainability in design and I got to our site early, so I'm reading your link to the time crystals and trying to get my head around the notion of matter not in equilibrium and assymetrical in state and I have to say it felt so inspiring to be part of a world where physics is almost poetic and almost unimaginably fantastic. I feel so unprepared to understand these concepts and simply wish I had been a better student myself.

These are the most refreshing of threads, I can only really glimpse the edges of them but that is fine enough. It's like seeing the veil between and knowing that behind it is something beyond us. It really is for me the seam of the edge between science and spirituality.
    Magnepan 20.7 - Shindo - Sanders - Chord - Shunyata Cyclops & Z Anaconda and Python PCs - Wireworld Platinum Eclipse SCs, ICs, USB, jumpers - Stillpoint Ultra 5s throughout the system.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12