es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Yeah, I hate it when those Hollywood types start running their mouths about politics.

You know, guys like Clint Eastwood, Mel Gibson, Jon Voight.

The worst was that Ronnie Reagan guy. He went on for decades about politics.

Oh, yeah. Charleston Heston was another one, too.

Almost forgot that big time movie producer Denish D'souza. He was a mouthy son of a gun, too.

Wish they would just shut up and act...or direct...or produce. What right do they have to make political comments?

It is definitely disturbing and dumb. :)

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Yeah, I hate it when those Hollywood types start running their mouths about politics.

Almost forgot that big time movie producer Denish D'souza. He was a mouthy son of a gun, too.

Wish they would just shut up and act...or direct...or produce. What right do they have to make political comments?

..you are one funny guy

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
too bad Hollywood doesn't shut-up about politics. Disgusting and dumb.

Post self-edited, apologies for following the thread down a political rathole.

Have a great day all!

Last edited:

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY

Thanks for naming the few smart people that worked in Hollywood. True Patriots unlike......;)

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Thanks for naming the few smart people that worked in Hollywood. True Patriots unlike......;)

Denish D'Souza was born in India so likely would not be welcomed here today by Trumpeteers.

Charlton Heston was a Democrat in the 1960's and opposed the Viet Nam War - so take him off the list of "Patriots."

Mel Gibson is Australian - guess his first loyalty understandably would be to Australia, not the USA. Not an American Patriot then.

Jon Voight was a Chicken Hawk draft dodger during the Viet Nam War. He's out as a Patriot.

Reagan, I'll give you that one. However, he would be not be accepted by today's Republican Party because he favored gun control and tripled the federal deficit.

Clint Eastwood...well, OK. You can have that one, too. I have liked a lot of the movies he's made and actually went to see them....even though I may have agreed with his politics. Imagine that. I didn't even call him names.

So, be careful when you start waving that Patriot Flag. Patriots come with different perspectives and different points of view.....and sometimes they may not agree with you or you with them.

BMCG

VIP/Donor
Oct 1, 2016
United Kingdom
ahh Mel ...like Nicole...and Russell are not Aussie born....

Mel Gibson AO (born January 3, 1956) is an American actor and filmmaker. He was born in Peekskill, New York, and moved with his parents to Sydney, Australia, when he was 12 years old. [ ....but yes..that AO does stand for Order of Australia...so probably dual national]

Nicole Kidman was born in Hawaii and is a dual citizen of the worlds greatest country and America :) ..

Russell Crowe hails from the Land of the Long White Cloud (That is..he's a Kiwi) and although residing in sydney has never applied for Aussie citizenship

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
also an anti semite to the Nth degree

proof ? or are you basing this off his blind drunk, verbal rant arrest years ago ?
I have heard no evidence of your assertion. Let's face it...he's not a liberal. If you not a liberal in Hollywood, you are demonized....Pathetic !
Time for liberals to grow up in general. Cheers !!!!

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
proof ? or are you basing this off his blind drunk, verbal rant arrest years ago ?
I have heard no evidence of your assertion. Let's face it...he's not a liberal. If you not a liberal in Hollywood, you are demonized....Pathetic !
Time for liberals to grow up in general. Cheers !!!!

Isn't it ironic that our Commander in Chief got himself a 1Y deferent later reclassified 4F, you know
unfit for military service, when his student deferments ran out and was initially classified 1A. There is another P word other than Patriot that comes to mind. And yes, I was drafted and served.

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..I visit WBF daily to read the latest musings on all things audio and damned if some posters don't insist on bifurcating down the political alleyway. Please guys take it elsewhere. I hear enough of this horseshit on the "news" and at awards shows...grrrr..

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
You are correct. Gentlemen, please refrain from any political posts. It is against our Term's of Service here at the WBF. Thank you.

Tom

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
You are correct. Gentlemen, please refrain from any political posts. It is against our Term's of Service here at the WBF. Thank you.

Tom

You are absolutely right,...apologies on my side for delving into this thread. I've edited my reply-post below.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing