High end Munich 2017

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
Hi all, happy to announce that Aries Cerat will again have a big presence at the Munich High end show from 18 till 21 May.

They will have a dedicated room and be present in at least one other room. I will be posting on the details of the system that will be present in the near future.

853guy

Aug 14, 2013
Hi all, happy to announce that Aries Cerat will again have a big presence at the Munich High end show from 18 till 21 May.

They will have a dedicated room and be present in at least one other room. I will be posting on the details of the system that will be present in the near future.

Great news.

Sent you a PM.

853guy

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Great!!! Look forward to reading more about it...not sure I can make it. Would be a lot of fun to hear Aries Cerat digital.

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
Here is a picture of the amplifiers that are going to be shown in the room: the Aries Cerat Concero 65 SET monoblocks. They not only look but above all they sound stunning.

IMG_9114 lores.jpg IMG_9115 lores.jpg IMG_9131 lores.jpg

They will be paired with the Kassandra Signature DAC and the Impera II preamplifier, all of the same Aries Cerat brand.

As for the speakers, keep you eyes on this thread as the pictures of the custom finish will be revealed in a couple of weeks from now! :cool:

Also for the source, I will be able to announce a VERY interesting belgian-made product offering a substantially better value and being soundwise even better (*) than hotly marketed servers.

(*) An early prototype was compared directly to some of those models and already equalled or exceeded their sonic qualities, since then the product was further developed and has made noticeable improvement, for sure now outclassing early comparisons.

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
Here is a picture of the amplifiers that are going to be shown in the room: the Aries Cerat Concero 65 SET monoblocks. They not only look but above all they sound stunning.

View attachment 31385 View attachment 31386 View attachment 31387

They will be paired with the Kassandra Signature DAC and the Impera II preamplifier, all of the same Aries Cerat brand.

As for the speakers, keep you eyes on this thread as the pictures of the custom finish will be revealed in a couple of weeks from now! :cool:

Also for the source, I will be able to announce a VERY interesting belgian-made product offering a substantially better value and being soundwise even better (*) than hotly marketed servers.

(*) An early prototype was compared directly to some of those models and already equalled or exceeded their sonic qualities, since then the product was further developed and has made noticeable improvement, for sure now outclassing early comparisons.

Hi flyer,

What room will you be in at Munich? I would love to come by and hears those.

Leif

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
Dear Leif,

You are most welcome at the Aries Cerat demo room number P13 in Hall 3.

At the same stand, we will also feature Entreq products as well as a worldclass new streamer whose name and brand will be premiered at the show.

Looking forward to see you there.

In the near future I will be releasing some more pictures of stuff that will be part of what promises to become a must-see demo.

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
I am definitely going to try and make this.

Guillaume

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I'll definitely be there.

Brice

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
Lets see some room pictures Flyer!

Very busy all day to setup a system that we are proud to present as of tomorrow...and forgot on the way to take pictures :-(

Will do so tomorrow, promise. :)

Best

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
Don't know which picture will be most appreciated, so I put both :)

20170518_095736.jpg

20170518_152221.jpg

Our room is not tall, on the contrary. Of course we wanted a taller one but the organisation has to let you ...

Anyway, we had some very 'encouraging comments' to put it diplomatically :cool:

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
Hi Michel,

Looking forward to listening to your system in Munich on Saturday and then at your place a little bit later.

The good thing is that I see a turntable. I am sure that one day you will go analog:)

Kind regards,

Denis

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
20170518_095736.jpg

Ah thank you for the Fine Welcoming Committee Pic--from my observation could we surmise the Ladies in the Traditional costume be Vegans,practise meditation,Colonic irrigation and all things healthy living?:b

The others in the Tight fitting apparel eat meat luv Champagne (Vintage),Chocolate,and seconds of Dessert ;)

YVMV

BD

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
I'm not sure if they are playing those pipes or smoking them... either way there is a biiiit of a culture clash going on in that line up for sure.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I want whatever they're smoking

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
A Best Sound in Show award from No 1 Polish audiophile website

Greetings from Munich High End

Here is the Aequo Audio, Audiopax, Sound Galleries stand and demo room in Halle 3, K05

IMG_0881.jpg

The setup time was extremely short, but the combination of electronics, acoustic treatment, extremely low distortion and musical speakers, the very best PCM to DSD upsampling software, active grounding blocks, and our prototype active anti-vibration control, with Nagra HD DAC has earned us this

IMG_0880.JPG

Here is the list of equipment starting with the source

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 with Roon and HQ Player
Audiopax Preamp Maggiore L-50 and Maggiore M-50 tube monoblocs
Aequo Ensis hybrid speakers (active woofer)

Tellurium Q cabling

Taiko Audio power conditioner with separate floating balanced power for each consumer
Taiko Audio active ground potential control blocks
Taiko Audio Tana active antivibration platforms for SGM, Nagra HD, and Audiopax M-50

GIK Acoustics room treatment panels

So WBF members in Munich, come and visit, and tells us what you think

Best from Christoph, Emile, Geoffrey and myself, Edward

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

Here is the Aequo Audio, Audiopax, Sound Galleries stand and demo room in Halle 3, K05.

The setup time was extremely short, but the combination of electronics, acoustic treatment, extremely low distortion and musical speakers, the very best PCM to DSD upsampling software, active grounding blocks, and our prototype active anti-vibration control, with Nagra HD DAC has earned us this.

Tellurium Q cabling

Taiko Audio power conditioner with separate floating balanced power for each consumer
Taiko Audio Tana active antivibration platforms for SGM, Nagra HD, and Audiopax M-50

Congrats Ed, on the award. I am not surprised that you are getting excellent sound from that line-up.

and thanks for the pictures......which look great. I wish I was there to be able to hear it.

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015

Here is the Aequo Audio, Audiopax, Sound Galleries stand and demo room in Halle 3, K05

View attachment 32546

The setup time was extremely short, but the combination of electronics, acoustic treatment, extremely low distortion and musical speakers, the very best PCM to DSD upsampling software, active grounding blocks, and our prototype active anti-vibration control, with Nagra HD DAC has earned us this

View attachment 32547

Tellurium Q cabling

Congrats on such great early recognition! Emile has given me a heads up on the new Taiko products and I very much look forward to putting them through their paces. I do however think you may have missed someone from your credits list

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing