Julieta

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Saw the new Amlodovar film last night. Very good movie although not academy award level IMO. Worth seeing.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
One of my favorite filmmakers. A genuine artist, a women lover, an eye for the composition cinematographique, a story-builder, a refined creative mind, a decorative poet, a music lover, a judicious composer, a movie maestro.

'Julieta' is a lovely film, one of my top favorites this year. To me, this is poetic cinema @ a high level. Everything is smooth, harmonious, peaceful, beautiful, serene, real and surreal @ the same time...just like real life, but always with beautiful compositions of the camera and its subjects. ...Art film.

The Academy? I don't know; if I was a dignified member of its organisation I'll give it a recognition certainly. After all, this is true genuine cinema done with beautiful taste onscreen.

I commented it on it before; I don't remember exactly the overall rating score I gave it, but it's @ the top, meaning above 90

Edit: Here, a very short review, with a high recommendation, very: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...-what-was-it-*&p=424348&viewfull=1#post424348

It's not Batman vs Superman, it's not your typical film reviewed on audio/video forums with an emphasis on the gear.
But you'll find it on refined cinema/music forums, like here. :b Because the music is very important, along with the moving pictures.

I'm glad you saw it and briefly mentioned it. I recommended it to some close people, peaceful movie lovers, but some people don't like films with subtitles; so they dismiss it. It's very sad, because some of my best favorite movies are . . . the foreign films.

Anyway, I love that film.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing