Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Magico Subwoofers

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Resnick View Post
    I was told today that the Q-Sub subwoofers have only line level inputs.
    Unfortunately, as there is no documentation online and the Magico subs are set using a computer and microphones in a complex process - no dials or switches as in most subs - we are not aware of their extensive setup capabilities.
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, SoundLab A1 Px, Forsell Air Force One, ARC Phono 2SE, cj GAT 2, cj ART monoblocks , TA OPUS MM2 IC's and sp, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    Unfortunately, as there is no documentation online and the Magico subs are set using a computer and microphones in a complex process - no dials or switches as in most subs - we are not aware of their extensive setup capabilities.
    That's unfortunate,...when people don't open up about specs and capabilities so we can know what we buy, some customer prefer vendors and solutions who do so.

Member Sponsor [Technical Expert] DonH50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
    Don,

Thank you for all the great information...-3db at 7Hz,...OMG!!! You are all set as they say. I'll need to check them out; over-paying for something that has SOTA performance just to get a name is not my style though I do have some upper-priced gear but only because it was the best-sounding to my ears. The Rythmiks seem to be a breath of fresh air in a (getting) drastically over-priced subwoofer market; rumor has it also that Legacy is about to bring out a new performance-shattering sub without a vicious price tag to compete with the big names so I have 2 to research. WAF won't allow for 2, 3, 4 or six-pack of subwoofers like some of you have so I have to find the model that will be 'one and done' ! I've always had a warm spot for Maggies, the 3.x and 20x in particular but have always wound up with traditional driver-based speakers due to the majority of the music I listen to. Those subs must round them out properly though with that low frequency behavior in room,....would love to hear what such a system is capable of!

Beautiful horn.....I had a .468 gold-plated 1978 Benge that had a similar look at a distance though it was gold-plated; still miss that horn after all these years. I picked up a Bach Strad B-flat 3 years ago; they are much improved over many years ago when their B-flat and C horns (to me) sounded compressed and non-emotional (which led me to the Benge and other horns). I still think that Flip's Wild Thing or another Kantsul or a Monette will be more my style if I can get the chops back to what they were 32+ years ago but hey, that only takes TIME away from work which none of us seem to have in abundance thanks to work and family matters LOL! Have a great day my friend, take care and enjoy that great system of yours!
    Thanks, you too! I have a benevolent wife who's put up with my music (playing or reproduced) since our college days. And I have a media room in the basement that is "mine" so I have leeway to play.

One last off-topic post: I help moderate a trumpet forum so, if you want another place to hang, check it out -- http://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/ Amazingly enough, over there I am one of the "subjective" ones since I follow Jacobs and try to quit thinking and just play the durn thing. It gets contentious over there too, of course.
    Don Herman
    "After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
    Don's Technical Articles on WBF

Quote Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
    Thanks, you too! I have a benevolent wife who's put up with my music (playing or reproduced) since our college days. And I have a media room in the basement that is "mine" so I have leeway to play.

One last off-topic post: I help moderate a trumpet forum so, if you want another place to hang, check it out -- http://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/ Amazingly enough, over there I am one of the "subjective" ones since I follow Jacobs and try to quit thinking and just play the durn thing. It gets contentious over there too, of course.
    Very cool...thank you!

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    http://www.audioshark.org/magico-61/...993-page2.html

Post 16 may give you the answer. One needs a computer to connect to their USB port to control the settings. I think they also have an Ethernet port to access the settings as well.

Quote Originally Posted by adyc View Post
    http://www.audioshark.org/magico-61/...993-page2.html

Post 16 may give you the answer. One needs a computer to connect to their USB port to control the settings. I think they also have an Ethernet port to access the settings as well.
    Thank you....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234