Subwoofer stands/isolation

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi...very interested to learn what you find out. I have been using the biggest Auralex platform for the Velodyne DD18+ and have been extremely happy.

Here is an option from SVS where they actually compare it to the Auralex. Interestingly, they never seem to criticize the Auralex performance...except to say the SVS solution is neater and better looking (which it is imho).

https://www.tekrevue.com/review-svs-soundpath-subwoofer-isolation-system/

I know of a another one which is more of a cube that advises that putting the sub up higher avoids problems related to the sub being too close to the floor. Never tried it either.

Please do post your experience!

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
I had tried those svs footers on my HT sub(s) and fwiw I prefer the Auralex sub dude. The only reason I don't want to do Auralex for this setup is mostly due to logistics pertaining to the sizes available. I ordered 2 of the Primcoustics that will arrive on Tuesday, and will report back.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I had tried those svs footers on my HT sub(s) and fwiw I prefer the Auralex sub dude. The only reason I don't want to do Auralex for this setup is mostly due to logistics pertaining to the sizes available. I ordered 2 of the Primcoustics that will arrive on Tuesday, and will report back.

Good to know! What size do you need? I do not use the actual Auralex Subdude because it is too small...but the Auralex super-big Gramma is the same thing...i asked Auralex directly. And it is bigger. The Velodyne footprint is roughly 26" x 21".

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
IsoAcoustics is my preference.

They have a range of products now, so best to consult with them on what will work best.

My results are a cleaner midrange, more holographic soundstage, and far less of your house "singing along" at higher SPLs.

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
IsoAcoustics is my preference.

They have a range of products now, so best to consult with them on what will work best.

My results are a cleaner midrange, more holographic soundstage, and far less of your house "singing along" at higher SPLs.

L, my subs are 17x18 footprint. The Pacoustics I ordered are 17x17.
Dave, when you say 'preference' was that in consideration of the Primacoustics too? I read a few reviews on these and most were pretty good with exception to build & materials.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Dave, when you say 'preference' was that in consideration of the Primacoustics too? I read a few reviews on these and most were pretty good with exception to build & materials.

No, I have not tried Primacoustics, but I have tried other foam-based isolation and Iso is definitely better. Prima might be great though, idk... there's a lot of isolation products on the market right now!

Any isolation product is going to be way better than solid feet or coupling...

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

What is the weight of your sub? I see the largest Primacoustics can take a maximum weight of 144 lbs. With the 155lbs of mass damping on top of the 145 pounds Velodyne, i am at the Auralex Big Gramma's weight max of 300lbs.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing