This thread's hilarious

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland

I have done single blind testing of interconnect cables at my place and the blind listeners were successful 100% in telling A) if a swap had been done or not (confirming they sound different) and B) zeroing in on a preferred cable. We had 4 different cables in the test. The most expensive did not win...in fact it was one of the cheapest that won.

The guys on that forum are the "amps and sources largely sound the same" crowd as well. Oh well, I guess it saves them money...

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Nordost v Blue Jeans cable?
How about Levis blue jeans v Lee Cooper blue jeans?
Now THIS would be a thread worth following
Those of us who have opinions on Nordost know what we think

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Nordost v Blue Jeans cable?
How about Levis blue jeans v Lee Cooper blue jeans?
Now THIS would be a thread worth following
Those of us who have opinions on Nordost know what we think

Care to share what you think?

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..hey another cable thread. If I had a dollar for every cable duke out I'd have enough dollars to buy a Nordost IC.. :rolleyes:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Oh, just that Nordost always seems to be the uber priced alternative that the skeptics pick, and I'm pretty sure I'd pick 99 cents/m bell wire in a blind a/b
PCs seems to remain the biggest divide in the skeptics argument w the rest of us

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Btw I was not trying to highlight a cable fight but just the initial duo-logue which I thought had some great dry humor

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Btw I was not trying to highlight a cable fight but just the initial duo-logue which I thought had some great dry humor

...dry indeed...as the proverbial popcorn fart ;)

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
..hey another cable thread. If I had a dollar for every cable duke out I'd have enough dollars to buy a Nordost IC.. :rolleyes:

That's a great line!

The referenced thread may have been hilarious, but it was far too long to read.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That's a great line!

The referenced thread may have been hilarious, but it was far too long to read.
I got to page 2 and stopped after I realized it was not the same "bigus" on AVS Forum. That bigus is a staunch objectivist so before I hit that post, I thought for sure he was yanking everyone's chain. It may still be him and playing a role. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing