Taking it to the next level!

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Decided to get that last 1-2% out of my room. Look what UPS just dropped off!!

(2) JL Audio f112 v.2 subs
JL Audio CR-1 crossover

I've decided to turn the room around 180 degrees again (the way it was built to be). Then, set up everything to sound (and measure) the best that it can be before implementing the subs and crossover. Once that is done, JL Audio will come here and give it the final thumbs up!

IMG_2385.jpg

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Bass Bass! Have fun!

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Very cool! Let us know if you find the CR-1 to be transparent.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Very cool! Let us know if you find the CR-1 to be transparent.

Ian

You should read Marty's review of the CR-1

I've heard it in his last system and he had it dialed in as good as it gets.

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Bruce out of curiosity why the F112 instead of the F113

Because the freq. response of the f112 goes much higher (21 - 119 Hz (±1.5dB) as opposed to the f113 (20 - 86 Hz (±1.5dB), and JL had suggested a crossover point much higher (~85-90Hz) than what you and the rest use. Guess we'll see if that works! Remember, my speakers are MUCH less efficient than yours!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
this should be fun...looking forward to reading more!

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Thanks guys. I know this will be a long process. Plan to start next week after I get back from Mesa, AZ. Turning the room around will take about 2-3 days!

Barry

Member Sponsor
Jan 7, 2012
Somewhere near Philadelphia, USA
Because the freq. response of the f112 goes much higher (21 - 119 Hz (±1.5dB) as opposed to the f113 (20 - 86 Hz (±1.5dB), and JL had suggested a crossover point much higher (~85-90Hz) than what you and the rest use. Guess we'll see if that works!

With a higher crossover Fq you can tame some room mode "bumps" 1 to 2 octaves above even with a steep crossover slope without touching the mains.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Congrats Bruce. I am really curious about your experiences - it will take some weeks before I connect my "stacked" version!

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 315

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Congrats Bruce. I am really curious about your experiences - it will take some weeks before I connect my "stacked" version!

Now that looks cool. They should go great with the Wilsons. Bet you can't wait!!

You should seriously look into the CR-1 crossover....

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Now that looks cool. They should go great with the Wilsons. Bet you can't wait!!

You should seriously look into the CR-1 crossover....

It arrived before the subs. It was intended to be used with Martin Logan Descent i's. Unfortunately the RCA connectors of the CR-1 are very close to each other and I could not use them with my RCA cables and cj equipment. I will probably try it in a fully balanced system.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats Bruce. I am really curious about your experiences - it will take some weeks before I connect my "stacked" version![of JL Audio F 113 Subs]

ha-HAHHHH! You just answered one of my other questions to you in another thread about whether you were going to re-investigate sub-integration!!!!! Enjoy! Get it right...i have no doubt you will...and i cannot imagine you will ever go back. Magnificent.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing