Taking it to the next level!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Exciting Bruce! What do you plan to do to expedite the burn in process of the Alexx? I bet you're just dying to get to work with them. Their height looks perfect for your mastering suite.

According to Wilson Audio manuals you should do it with chamber music - it has high average energy and will speed burn-in. Probably also because it can be played loud without disturbing neighbors excessively ... My favorite favorite burn-in music is a recording of Bach Brandenburg concertos 4-6.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
After about a week of listening and futzing around with the controls, I think I have found the final resting place for the subs. Now comes the critical listening part with the crossover points and levels. I will have to say I don't know why I didn't do this much sooner........

Congratulations! Can you summarize how you found the best place? I must learn from experts, I will also go through it soon!

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Gosh dang that is beautiful. Love the dark wooden blinds. Against the wall color it produces a very rich look.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
The subs right along the speakers gives you the least nodes? Interesting, I didn't see that coming.

Reactions: kach22i

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing