Feb 26, 2014
London
Wow congrats

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Im not sure, to be honest, may be .
Will be designing a passive additional (luxury finish ) woofersystem this year , to work with 2 or 2,5 way systems that lack bass authority.
That have around 86 -87 -88 db efficiency so 2018 might be better suited
Well done.
Will they be at Munich this year?

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Bravo Andromeda!

very refined and elegant looking speaker design. at 93db very real world amp friendly too. using the phenolic resin composite for the cabinet reminds me of the material of my Kharma Exquisite 1D's....which I loved.

I hope to hear it at some point. best wishes for success.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Thank you ,

The luxury finish is really something special , i ve seen what the company i work with can do /deliver.

You re absolutely right mike, but this has an extra 6 inch(mid ) and 11 inch (woofer) of membrane surface , its a bigger sounding system .

I'm just seeing this

All the very best to you on this wonderful new speaker

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats and best wishes for great success!!!!!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Congratulations HJ! It's been a pleasure following your baby's evolution. Good job man.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Congratulations HJ! It's been a pleasure following your baby's evolution. Good job man.

Thanks jack

Everything worked out extremely well/ better then i expected.
Had a bit doubt about the sidefiring woofers before completion but i actually like it a lot ,
Extension but not as much in your face ,a bit more recessed balanced sounding.

PS it also spoils you , cant see me going back to a small speaker system, the hpl material is also a phenomenal improvement, besides the drivers used in this design .
Basically no more ifs

Last edited:

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
Congratulations... Veels geluk
I wish you every success with your venture

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
What led to the decision to have two different sized eton bass drivers on the sides?

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
What led to the decision to have two different sized eton bass drivers on the sides?

The 11 inch one runs a little higher up the freq range , and has a FS of a couple of Hz lower
Its possible to get this model with either 2 11 inchers or 2 12 inchers , but volumes/ speaker size will off course differ , its a 4 men lift already this speaker :D
This is best of both worlds , believe me big enough , this thing can unleash a hurricane , while staying totally in control.:cool:, and still a " relatively " small footprint.

Listened to the Magico S 5 , M 5 a couple of times or raidhos , this thing eats them for breakfast regarding impact/systemsize , not saying magico has its own qualities , being a very uncoloured speaker .
Mine is a different approach natural materials /clean sound/ Flat FR ,and authority top to bottom , i try not to use the term full range lightly :D

Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
The 11 inch one runs a little higher up the freq range , and has a FS of a couple of Hz lower
Its possible to get this model with either 2 11 inchers or 2 12 inchers , but volumes/ speaker size will off course differ , its a 4 men lift already this speaker :D
This is best of both worlds , believe me big enough , this thing can unleash a hurricane , while staying totally in control.:cool:, and still a " relatively " small footprint.

Listened to the Magico S 5 a couple of times or raidhos , this thing eats them for breakfast regarding impact/systemsize , not saying magico has its own qualities , being a very uncoloured speaker .
Mine is a different approach, authority top to bottom , i try not to use the term full range lightly :D

Knowing some about it, it looks like a great speaker. I'm sure it can do finesse too.

I'm slightly surprised that it doesn't feature capabilities for active setups.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Yes ,natural sounding , finesse ... ,besides all units are efficiency matched , no resistor /resistor networks , to see if one can improve transparency .
Its a finished product .
Getting a non resonant / natural sounding speaker of this size , hmmm , remember its a 40 mm braced composite monocoque design , check the (midrange /tweeter ) cabinet thickness of competing brands , nowhere near and believe me you can hear it.
Top of the line cerabase classic footers included , very good decoupling/coupling devices , especially when they are heavy /proper loaded .

Regarding active speakers (class D) :

I ve stated my opinion quite a few times about active bass in particular , there are so many exxcelent amplifier brands, tubes or solid state , which i like to drive the bass units , and efficiency /impedance wise there is no problem , tuning is done in another way ,speaker placement and Reflexpipe management /closed system .

HJ
Knowing some about it, it looks like a great speaker. I'm sure it can do finesse too.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing