Theabsolutesound Reviews The ARC Reference 250se

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Interesting that the reviewer comments more than once upon the tonality of the amp where classical as the genre is concerned.

Whilst I was considering whether to stay with ARC amplification, or go with D'Ag Momentum, during an A-B demonstration of the two it was the organic way the ARC portrayed stringed instruments that opened up a clear lead for me , in particular on the day Pierre Fournier's recording of JS Bach 6 Suites for Solo Violoncello BMV 1007-1010.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Interesting that the reviewer comments more than once upon the tonality of the amp where classical as the genre is concerned.

Whilst I was considering whether to stay with ARC amplification, or go with D'Ag Momentum, during an A-B demonstration of the two it was the organic way the ARC portrayed stringed instruments that opened up a clear lead for me , in particular on the day Pierre Fournier's recording of JS Bach 6 Suites for Solo Violoncello BMV 1007-1010.

Fournier's Bach is also quite fulsome and rich so that fits as well. I have a number of recordings of the Cello Suites: du pre, Rostropovich, Rosselet (the one recorded by Winston Ma), Maisky, Fournier and of course Janos Starker.

jonaiken

VIP/Donor
Jan 22, 2017
Washington, DC

Harlequin, i auditioned the D'Ag Momentum also when considering the ARC 250SE's and came away with the same conclusion on various classical and jazz recordings. They are great amps. BTW nice system

Jon

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing