bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
i got reply from Vitus owner
advice me to buy RD-100
DAC with Pre
he think it will sound better then SL-101 Pre with my DAC

I have heard that. I wouldn't, it is nowhere as good as sounding as Vitus top of the range amps and won't make a difference. My friend had this with Vitus class AB integrated, and he sold it because his Metronome C2a, which is an old used Metronome sounded much better. Now he has the Dartzeel integrated. To enjoy Vitus you need to get their class A amps - that is where the Vitus magic is. I do not know anything about their higher end CD players.

pelo911

Nov 21, 2013
Houston , Texas - USA
I have heard that. I wouldn't, it is nowhere as good as sounding as Vitus top of the range amps and won't make a difference. My friend had this with Vitus class AB integrated, and he sold it because his Metronome C2a, which is an old used Metronome sounded much better. Now he has the Dartzeel integrated. To enjoy Vitus you need to get their class A amps - that is where the Vitus magic is. I do not know anything about their higher end CD players.

RD-100 it's not an Amp
it's DAC with analog input and volume control
to plug in into my Class A Vitus SM-101 mono amps

http://www.vitusaudio.com/en/121286-RD-100

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
RD-100 it's not an Amp
it's DAC with analog input and volume control
to plug in into my Class A Vitus SM-101 mono amps

http://www.vitusaudio.com/en/121286-RD-100

I know. That's why I said metronome dac was compared with it. And if you want to enjoy the Vitus magic you need to get their class A amps, not their lower and digital-cum-pre to fox your problem. But you already have their amp

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Convergent legend , tube pre amp with perfect basscontrol, give IT a try , best of both worlds.
Combined with the vitus .
If that doesnt please the ear swap the speakers, if that isnt enough buy mine lol

Last edited:

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
what you need is a Boulder 2060

Hello Pelo
I have the next ones up the range from you, the Stellas. They responded well to a pair of YBA Passion 1000 monoblocks, however when I upgraded to a Boulder 2060 there was no looking back. Exquisite delicacy, absolute authority, limitless power and unparalleled musicality, I really have no doubt whatsoever that the big boulders make the perfect match for big focal Utopias, (in my system perfectly combined with a Wavac valve pre amp)
I listen primarily to bass driven electronic dance music, and from deep house to drum and bass and reggae this is a combination that reigns supreme. The fact that acoustic music and Alt-j have never sounded so good was the big surprise....

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hello Pelo
I have the next ones up the range from you, the Stellas. They responded well to a pair of YBA Passion 1000 monoblocks, however when I upgraded to a Boulder 2060 there was no looking back. Exquisite delicacy, absolute authority, limitless power and unparalleled musicality, I really have no doubt whatsoever that the big boulders make the perfect match for big focal Utopias, (in my system perfectly combined with a Wavac valve pre amp)
I listen primarily to bass driven electronic dance music, and from deep house to drum and bass and reggae this is a combination that reigns supreme. The fact that acoustic music and Alt-j have never sounded so good was the big surprise....

great amp...and i see you also upgraded it with the 2160 main board or something? I also note your truly awesome stack of Velodyne DD18+s AND stack of Velodyne DD15+s. I know this is not the thread for it...but please tell us more!!!

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
great amp...and i see you also upgraded it with the 2160 main board or something? I also note your truly awesome stack of Velodyne DD18+s AND stack of Velodyne DD15+s. I know this is not the thread for it...but please tell us more!!!

Thank you for the kind words Lloyd ?
Ok I will start a thread in the subwoofer section....see you there!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing