Cables: SuperUltraHyperTechnology

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Just found this gem on the Schiit website:

http://schiit.com/products/pyst-cables

Beyond Just Technology: SuperUltraHyperTechnology
PYST cables are made from only the finest 6-nines Unobtanium™ alloy, molecularly assembled in our Alternate Universe™ reality-distortion tesseract field , using a secret geometry reverse-engineered from crashed UFOs, painstakingly smuggled out of Area 51 by deep-cover operatives. Performance is further enhanced by the use of a QuantConnect™ quantum-entangled pair of transmission interfaces, held at absolute zero by our exclusive Stasis Field™ technology. The cables are then wrapped in NanoAeroCap™, a nanotechnology-enabled aerogel anti-capacitance insulation system, featuring Fractal Interleaved Geometry™ to create negative inductance for maximum audio transmission quality.

Or, er, well . . . again, no. These are nice, high-quality cables, with solid, reliable connectors. That’s it. Hope you like them!

(End quote.)

Sounds about right regarding the current state of high-end audio. Price for these cables: $ 20.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

PYST cables are made from only the finest 6-nines Unobtanium™ alloy, molecularly assembled in our Alternate Universe™ reality-distortion tesseract field , using a secret geometry reverse-engineered from crashed UFOs, painstakingly smuggled out of Area 51 by deep-cover operatives. Performance is further enhanced by the use of a QuantConnect™ quantum-entangled pair of transmission interfaces, held at absolute zero by our exclusive Stasis Field™ technology. The cables are then wrapped in NanoAeroCap™, a nanotechnology-enabled aerogel anti-capacitance insulation system, featuring Fractal Interleaved Geometry™ to create negative inductance for maximum audio transmission quality.

Or, er, well . . . again, no. These are nice, high-quality cables, with solid, reliable connectors. That’s it. Hope you like them!

(End quote.)

Sounds about right regarding the current state of high-end audio. Price for these cables: $ 20.

Gotta love their marketing person !

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Al, double check, I think they meant NanoAeroCrap, commonly known as nano flatulence.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

(End quote.)

I have to know.

What comes AFTER SuperUltraHyperTechnology ?

SuperDuperUltraHyperTechnology ?

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Gotta love their marketing person !

That would probably be Jason Stoddard, one of the two co-founders. The other one is Mike Moffat, of Theta Digital fame.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
On a more serious note :), my son bought a pair of the RCA ones to go with this schiit DAC. Shortly one of them quit working. I opened it up and it had the most amateurish soldering job with no strain relief. So after a couple of pulls, the center pin lost connection. I don't think I have seen such bad job on any cable at any price. They definitely lived up to their name in this case!

opus112

Feb 24, 2016
Zhejiang
Did you give Schiit any feedback about this? Seems like something that would be useful for them to know.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Did you give Schiit any feedback about this? Seems like something that would be useful for them to know.
My son took advantage of their 30-day return and sent them back for his money. I presume they inspect incoming returns to see if they are working and if not, why not.

Would be interesting to buy one now and see if it is still the same!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
On a more serious note :), my son bought a pair of the RCA ones to go with this schiit DAC. Shortly one of them quit working. I opened it up and it had the most amateurish soldering job with no strain relief. So after a couple of pulls, the center pin lost connection. I don't think I have seen such bad job on any cable at any price. They definitely lived up to their name in this case!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Amirm, maybe these should be called the SuperDuper(not) line?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing