VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
No stereo in sight... What a missed opportunity :)

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
A candy room?!!!! Does it come with a dentist?

Looks perfect for a 20 something Billionaire. Well, the world's got a few of those.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
That guy has way too much free time and money on his hands. Ego must be bigger than the house :cool:

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
That would make a nice vacation house. :D

Tom

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
First of all, apologies for ever linking to the Daily Mail :) but I thought this one was worth it, because it makes such a superlative statement. And in my view, that statement is entirely negative. I cannot imagine the life of the very rich, but it seems to me it might just be extremely shallow.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
First of all, apologies for ever linking to the Daily Mail :) but I thought this one was worth it, because it makes such a superlative statement. And in my view, that statement is entirely negative. I cannot imagine the life of the very rich, but it seems to me it might just be extremely shallow.

for sure

But to think this guy made his fortune on QVC selling women's handbags says there is a brighter future in that than selling such a house as this

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Well, it isn't "his" house. He built in purely with the intention to sell the package. Cojones? I think so. I'm pretty sure he could have made more money developing sane housing but I guess he thought this would be more fun, LOL.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) I cannot imagine the life of the very rich, but it seems to me it might just be extremely shallow.

Why? It seems to me this view can be extremely shallow ... IMHO it all depends on the people. The proof is that the 1810 potential clients are not rushing to buy this property ... ;)

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Well, it's only been on the market for one day.

Tom

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..impressive display of wretched excess...who needs that much candy? :D

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
$$$$$$$$$$ out constantly

Two groups of people will enjoy this house: the staff hired to maintain it & the contractors hired to repair it. This type of house will have ongoing problems unless it is the one in 10 million that is built to the extensive structural & finish detail that should be present.
zz.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Let's not condemn the builder, seller, contractors or other people's values or mental states that are involved with this house simply because we can't afford it.

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
Let's not condemn the builder, seller, contractors or other people's values or mental states that are involved with this house simply because we can't afford it.

If this statement is in reference to my post, there is NO condemning of anyone.

What someone can or cannot afford is interesting; if you are ever to travel in my neck of the water, message me & I will show you my 6 acres of garbage property directly on the Puget Sound.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
What someone can or cannot afford is interesting; if you are ever to travel in my neck of the water, message me & I will show you my 6 acres of garbage property directly on the Puget Sound.
Having seen pictures of said property, the last word that comes to mind is garbage! It was jaw droppingly gorgeous.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I wish I could afford the property tax.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
To put this into perspective, we live in a Del Webb community built for active "seniors over the age of 55". There will be about 800 homes when it is completed. The total cost of all of those 800 home will only be slightly more than that single home.

I am numbed. Not the someone could afford it or would buy it. I just wonder how much money the person that purchases that home will give to charitable organizations. But that's just me.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing