Harmonic Resolution Systems or Grand Prix Audio ?

Bobalob

Mar 25, 2011
Very hard to compare these racks here in the UK so I wonder if anyone has gone from one to the other and why?

Many thanks in advance for any replies

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Very hard to compare these racks here in the UK so I wonder if anyone has gone from one to the other and why?

Many thanks in advance for any replies

I bet this is hard to get a compare.

I have gone from Finite Elemente Pagode to Grand Prix Siliverstone F1. Substantial (as in big) improvements. And the Finite Elemente is no slouch... I also had GPA Monaco amp stand that I swapped out for a GPA Silverstone F1 stand...I was floored...it's like getting a new amp.

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
Bobalob, agreed. Even if you had a dealer near you that carried both brands, stands are almost impossible to compare and even more impossible to try before buying. I know JFRECH and have heard his system. He is getting excellent results with Grand Prix. I am getting excellent results with HRS. I have the SXR rack and S1, S3 component shelves. I too upgraded from Finite Elemente Pagode. Once my components were sitting on HRS, the improvement I heard in bass, instrument placement, depth of stage were not subtle or difficult to hear. I highly recommend the HRS. Good luck. Either way, you win.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Frank750 has gone thru several iterations and manufacturers i believe, and then settled on the full-on HRS M-series rack. I think he was amazed even after his trials to find out how much better his system became once he had settled into the full-on HRS M-Rack. Frank?

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
View attachment 30681 View attachment 30680
Frank750 has gone thru several iterations and manufacturers i believe, and then settled on the full-on HRS M-series rack. I think he was amazed even after his trials to find out how much better his system became once he had settled into the full-on HRS M-Rack. Frank?

I went through a few racks, Finite, not Grand Prix but I looked at and listened to CMS.

Before deciding on the HRS, I had a Steve Blinn rack and had all equipment on Stillpoints Ultra 5s. I thought I was getting fairly good performance until the HRS was installed. It's a lifetime piece as far as I'm concerned.

HRS .JPG

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
View attachment 30681 View attachment 30680

I went through a few racks, Finite, not Grand Prix but I looked at and listened to CMS.

Before deciding on the HRS, I had a Steve Blinn rack and had all equipment on Stillpoints Ultra 5s. I thought I was getting fairly good performance until the HRS was installed. It's a lifetime piece as far as I'm concerned.

View attachment 30682

If I had to buy new racks tomorrow, I would handle this picture and just say - "just as you supplied to Frank". They are the more exquisite and best looking racks I have ever seen.

BTW, what is the model? :)

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
If I had to buy new racks tomorrow, I would handle this picture and just say - "just as you supplied to Frank". They are the more exquisite and best looking racks I have ever seen.

BTW, what is the model? :)

Mine is a custom MXR but he has a new reference version called VXR that is supposed to be even better.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Someone tested Artesania Exoteryc rack?
I am interesting to buy this
Thanks

4music

Apr 15, 2013

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I agree with the above posters. These are investments for life and make a tremendous difference in background noise/darkness, resolution, ease, textures etc etc etc. Honestly, after you own racks of this caliber...you just can't go back with out. I have to admit I like the clean looks of the HRS racks. The Grand Prix Audio racks have a industrial look to them that in the eye of the beholder can look wonderful as well...

The Grand Prix racks have differing dampers for weights of components and even if one side of one component is heavier you can adjust dampers for that. All is easily heard...The columns can come in black, silver, and leather. Also can get a 4 vs 3 column ...

I should have dusted before i took the pic :(

DSC_2510.jpg

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
and then...there is Herzan/Halycionics.

even more money......and......not as pretty.

not financially practical for 5 or 6 boxes, but if you only have 2 or 3 then it starts to make some sense. with 2 Herzan boxes all my vinyl, digital and pre are covered (internal phono's inside the pre).

and as far as performance it's just the very best science can offer right now.

at $10k list price per shelf it can get up there. but none of these racks are much cheaper than that.

Last edited:

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
If I was to choose between the two...HRS. This is based on my experience with owning a custom HRS platform built for my TechDas AF1 turntable.

thekong

May 10, 2012
To follow up on Mike’s comment, I have always wondered whether all these racks mentioned (excluding the Herzan/Halycionics) can do a better job than something like a vibraplane in blocking vibrations!

Yes, these hi-end racks certainly look better, but I have a hard time believing they could perform better than the vibraplane, let alone the more advanced Herzan/Halycionics.

Jim Smith

Industry Expert
Dec 14, 2012
I agree with the above posters. These are investments for life and make a tremendous difference in background noise/darkness, resolution, ease, textures etc etc etc. Honestly, after you own racks of this caliber...you just can't go back with out. I have to admit I like the clean looks of the HRS racks. The Grand Prix Audio racks have a industrial look to them that in the eye of the beholder can look wonderful as well...

The Grand Prix racks have differing dampers for weights of components and even if one side of one component is heavier you can adjust dampers for that. All is easily heard...The columns can come in black, silver, and leather. Also can get a 4 vs 3 column ...

I should have dusted before i took the pic :(

View attachment 30688

The only (minor) downside is having to replace the elastomer dampers every six months or so.

Love my GPA!

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
The only (minor) downside is having to replace the elastomer dampers every six months or so.

Love my GPA!

Reminds me to clean my contacts at the same time ;-)...amazing how much the little things matter...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing