Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harmonic Resolution Systems or Grand Prix Audio ?

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    I've seen better racks...

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    I've seen better racks...
    Than what and why?
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, Apogee Duetta Signature while waiting for the XLF successor, Forsell Air Force One, ARC Phono 3, Lamm ML1.2 Ref, Lamm L2ref, TA OPUS MM2 IC's and sp, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

I agree with the above posters. These are investments for life and make a tremendous difference in background noise/darkness, resolution, ease, textures etc etc etc. Honestly, after you own racks of this caliber...you just can't go back with out. I have to admit I like the clean looks of the HRS racks. The Grand Prix Audio racks have a industrial look to them that in the eye of the beholder can look wonderful as well...

The Grand Prix racks have differing dampers for weights of components and even if one side of one component is heavier you can adjust dampers for that. All is easily heard...The columns can come in black, silver, and leather. Also can get a 4 vs 3 column ...

I should have dusted before i took the pic

Name:  DSC_2510.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  271.2 KB
    Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
    Pre & Amp: Nagra HD Pre & Amp
    Cables: Transparent Magnum Opus on sources, Opus Gen 5 Pre to amps & speaker
    Power Transparent Opus, Opus Source Power Cords & Opus Power Isolators
    Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
    Phono: Grand Prix Monaco 2.0 TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
    Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x4)

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    and then...there is Herzan/Halycionics.

even more money......and......not as pretty.

not financially practical for 5 or 6 boxes, but if you only have 2 or 3 then it starts to make some sense. with 2 Herzan boxes all my vinyl, digital and pre are covered (internal phono's inside the pre).

and as far as performance it's just the very best science can offer right now.

at $10k list price per shelf it can get up there. but none of these racks are much cheaper than that.
    Last edited by Mike Lavigne; 01-19-2017 at 02:52 PM.
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, AS-2000 ord. (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, *Tripoint Troy Sig + Elite, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar
    If I was to choose between the two...HRS. This is based on my experience with owning a custom HRS platform built for my TechDas AF1 turntable.
    Christian

System Gear

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    Than what and why?

To follow up on Mike’s comment, I have always wondered whether all these racks mentioned (excluding the Herzan/Halycionics) can do a better job than something like a vibraplane in blocking vibrations!

Yes, these hi-end racks certainly look better, but I have a hard time believing they could perform better than the vibraplane, let alone the more advanced Herzan/Halycionics.

[Industry Expert]
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
    I agree with the above posters. These are investments for life and make a tremendous difference in background noise/darkness, resolution, ease, textures etc etc etc. Honestly, after you own racks of this caliber...you just can't go back with out. I have to admit I like the clean looks of the HRS racks. The Grand Prix Audio racks have a industrial look to them that in the eye of the beholder can look wonderful as well...

The Grand Prix racks have differing dampers for weights of components and even if one side of one component is heavier you can adjust dampers for that. All is easily heard...The columns can come in black, silver, and leather. Also can get a 4 vs 3 column ...

I should have dusted before i took the pic

Name:  DSC_2510.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  271.2 KB
    The only (minor) downside is having to replace the elastomer dampers every six months or so.

Love my GPA!
    Get Better Sound author, CD & DVD producer, Audio Consultant, RoomPlay system voicing.

www.getbettersound.com

RoomPlay Reference system:

(2) Customized MBPs; Curious USB cables; Ayre Codex & QB9 DSD; Schiit Yggdrasil, Belden 8402 ICs & WE speaker cables; Stealth Dream Power Cables; ASR Emitter II, Exclusive; Tannoy Canterburys, Outboard Duelund crossovers; REL 212SEs; Grand Prix Audio F1 stands; various Ayre Acoustics, Equi=Tech, Pass Labs, Quicksilver Audio, Shunyata Research, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
    The only (minor) downside is having to replace the elastomer dampers every six months or so.

Love my GPA!
    Reminds me to clean my contacts at the same time ;-)...amazing how much the little things matter...
    Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
    Pre & Amp: Nagra HD Pre & Amp
    Cables: Transparent Magnum Opus on sources, Opus Gen 5 Pre to amps & speaker
    Power Transparent Opus, Opus Source Power Cords & Opus Power Isolators
    Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
    Phono: Grand Prix Monaco 2.0 TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
    Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x4)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12