Lampizator Superkomputer

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I would wait for a new version of the Amanero module. I understand it is a matter of couple of months.

I dont think a new module is needed, just a firmware update.

Amanero seems to be working on it...cleaning up the software hiccups.

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
I was also told that a firmware update will enable support of DSD256 and DSD512 with Linux. The new module is a separate thing and should bring general improvements in SQ.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I was also told that a firmware update will enable support of DSD256 and DSD512 with Linux. The new module is a separate thing and should bring general improvements in SQ.

Yes Amanero's OEM Superclocked model.

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
I dont think a new module is needed, just a firmware update.

Amanero seems to be working on it...cleaning up the software hiccups.

Wish they would get a move on the firmware update, considering that they started working on it 10 months ago.

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
They are, but it seems complicated...

Totally understand on the complication but the only information on what might be going on is on the GitHub. I really would like to run HQPlayer NAA on a stripped down Linux PC. I am already running HQPlayer Embedded on Linux successfully.

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
So far, I am really enjoying the Superkomputer and continue to play with different HQPlayer settings. Upsampling PCM to DSD is a clear winner, however, when feeding GG with a DSD track, I am in doubt. When I choose DirectSDM setting in HQPlayer, it seems dynamics and transients are much better, than when I remove this option and some DSD to DSD processing takes place. Do you guys have similar experience? What settings do you use when you listen to DSD recordings?
Thanks.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I think Pipeline SDM is the non-processing DSD option.

Preference-> Settings-> Pipeline SDM see page 1 of this thread.

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
I think Pipeline SDM is the non-processing DSD option.
No, Pipeline SDM is recommended for modern processors with several cores. DirectSDM is an option to enable unprocessed DSD playback.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Do you have the tubed SPDIF OUTPUT (using digiLampizator circuit)? If so, how does it sound compared to regular SPDIF out?

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
Unfortunately no tubes inside by Superkomputer. I think, it is an extra paid option.

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
Pity, well worth it, if the old SB based Transport was any indication.
I am quite happy with the USB and the SQ it provides. To be honest, my system has never sounded so good, both with PCM converted to DSD and with pure DSD.
I have just received the latest Antipodes DX. It needs a couple of weeks of burn in before I do a comparison with the
Superkomputer. So far, no contest:rolleyes:)

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
The Antipodes is burning in and getting better every day. And I thought the choice would be an easy one...

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Hang on.. Lampizator's very own Supercomputer cannot make use of the DSD512 engine of the Golden Gate?

Well, it's AXPONA week so I suppose we can let the cat out of the bag. The first of two firmware updates is here and we're happy to announce DSD256 has been unlocked in the linux operating systems. I've been testing it for about 2 weeks in my own reference room with one of our DSD Komputers and quad DSD has run flawlessly. We will be playing Quad DSD with our Golden Atlantic and Komputer in room 634 at AXPONA this week and I'll also be receiving training from Lukasz on how to update the firmware on the DACs already in the field. :)

DSD512 support under linux should be right around the corner as well.

Best,

Fred

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing