Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lampizator Superkomputer

Lampizator Superkomputer

I have just received the latest version of Superkomputer. It is a huge device, housed in a Level 7 chassis with a thick front panel and a heatsink on top. My Antipodes looks like a toy next to the Superkomputer.
    The specs are from the site:
    -Processor is the Intel i7 Skylake
    -The motherboard is DDR4/Skylake type
    -The RAM is 32 GB of PRO series DDR4
    -The system drive boot is from SUPER-SSD - the fastest memory on Earth
    -The music storage is a four-dock bay with external access to 4 SSD drives of up to 8TB of SSD. We provide 1TB of Samsung Pro SSD for starters
    -The USB output is from highest spec audiophile SotM card USB3
    -There is an option for battery power from car battery
    -An optional provision for tube SPDIF output versus solid state in the Komputer
    -Software is embedded linux with ROON plus HQplayer

So far it is too early to say, the device is still burning in, and I need to play more with different HQplayer settings, but PCM converted to DSD, including Tidal, sounds really nice, much better than Tidal sound on the Antipodes. Unfortunately, Amanero supports only up to DSD128 on Linux, so this is the maximum I could test on my Lampi L4 and a borrowed GG. Now I am listening to PCM stream converted to DSD128 using poly-sinc-shrt filter on the latest R2R Golden Gate and it sounds very smooth and musical.
    Some pictures:
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Elberoth's Avatar
    Amanero can do DSD 256, no problem. That is how I run my GG when using HQplayer.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: MSB M202 / D'Agostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Golden Gate DSD only + Lampi DSD Komputer server
    Cables: AudioQuest WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    Amanero can do DSD 256, no problem. That is how I run my GG when using HQplayer.
    In Windows yes, but he is using Linux.

I got this info from the Lampizator guys, they also said, they are currently waiting for a new Amanero firmware, which should enable higher DSD rates support.

Elberoth, can you share your HQplayer settings? Do you convert everything to DSD256? I really like what I hear with PCM to DSD128 conversion, but, when I play a DSD128 track, I prefer the sound without any processing i.e., the sound with DirectSDM setting is better, than without one.

Thanks.

With HQ Player I convert PCM to 384 and DSD to 256. I don't cross over, so to speak.
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Basis 2200 Signature with Calibration Base, Vector 4 Tonearm, Lyra Etna SL; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Big 7 DAC, Oppo BDP-105;

Quote Originally Posted by dminches View Post
    With HQ Player I convert PCM to 384 and DSD to 256. I don't cross over, so to speak.
    What filters and other settings do you use?

This is an older screen shot. I can provide and updated one when I get home.

Name:  HQ.jpg
Views: 1214
Size:  85.6 KB
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Basis 2200 Signature with Calibration Base, Vector 4 Tonearm, Lyra Etna SL; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Big 7 DAC, Oppo BDP-105;

Slightly off-topic, I spent several hours yesterday evening trying different HQplayer filters and modulators. Also, compared unprocessed PCM to PCM converted to DSD. It is amazing, how good pure PCM sounds on the latest Golden Gate with R2R board It is very smooth and almost as good as PCM converted to DSD. Very different to the PCM on my old Gen 4 Level 4 DAC, where difference to DSD is not subtle at all. Congratulation to Lukasz and his team, what they did with apparently not very expensive R2R board is amazing!

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Elberoth's Avatar
    Do you prefere PCM upsampled to DSD over native PCM ?
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: MSB M202 / D'Agostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Golden Gate DSD only + Lampi DSD Komputer server
    Cables: AudioQuest WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast