Newest arrivals from CJ- Classic Series

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
G'day mates, trust your 2017 is looking promising so far...
Nearly a month has already kicked off and CJ are already on the band wagon.

Looks like two new amps in the Classic Line up- Classic 60 version two; and another version offering 120w. According to CJ, both can be ordered in SE version with KT120's for that added finesse and oomph. They sure look awesome and another classic design indeed!

Just wondering whether any of you have come across these amps or auditioned, if so what are your impressions?

Not yet available in Aussie land though, and when they arrive I am sure they will be quite pricey. The new 120w version with EL34's reminds me of the superb ARTsa in triode, one outstanding amplifier that will bring out the very best in terms of musicality and resolution. If this is an "affordable" ARTsa of somewhat similar standards, also offered in SE version, that is sure to be a winner in my opinion, without a lofty spend! (for mostly the US market, sadly humble folks down unda will not benefit).

Anyway, when these land down unda, I can bet they're going to be north of 15 grand, so the previous line up would have to go for clearance prices, if at all. The only dealer in Melbourne still has a few older versions remaining in stock, mostly as demo models, with warranty hence should be a good deal for anyone interested in our part of the woods.

Interesting to see what these new amps are capable of and how far would they improve the overall sound, reproducing music in its most "natural" form.
Cheers to these Classics!
RJ

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing