Best display for maximizing records in tight-quarter vinyl in store? (flippable)

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Hey guys, what's the best efficiency of vinyl display you've seen? (obviously this means having a lot, not a little)

It must be flippable, as in like this,

c7fded89e43a30638ae3f41d7ec4504c.jpg

not this,

my_shelves.jpg

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
We had ours made, since we needed a lot of them to open the store... The bottom portion we use to store assorted stuff (bags, stock, cables, etc.)

_DSC0504.jpg

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
LP-Woodbox-18716_b_0.JPG

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
maybe I should rephrase it, creative ways to stack them?

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I don't understand what you mean, or your question then... ?
You can either display them as a solid row, or stagger them, like I did. I prefer the slightly staggered way, makes it easier to browse, though you lose a bit of space efficiency there.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Perhaps drawers are the answer.

That may be the answer to the major issue with flipping records. Drawers can be deeper than spine out shelving, so you can put more records in a drawer, to compensate partly for not being able to stack so high. (I stack my Per Madsen Rackits 6 high). You need sufficient vertical space between the displays to comfortably put your head, as well as enough lighting to see the records. However, records are really heavy, so drawers can easily tip, especially if you stack them more than a couple high. The hardware for the sliders needs to be extra heavy duty also. Obviously the solution to having a display above eye level is to use a ladder. Slightly dangerous, but done a lot of times in libraries to reach the upper shelves. Clearly one doesn't need a drawer for the top display.

Larry

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing