Huge Upset In Dallas

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Bummer for us Cowboy fans...Aaron however was great...no taking that away from him.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
My two favorite teams are the Seahawks and any team that plays Dallas!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
my Dad always hated the Cowboys, so I do too. glad to see them lose. but they did have a remarkable year and look like they are going to be good for awhile. the Seahawks could sure use their offensive line.

I've always had a soft spot for the Packers. and how can you not marvel at Aaron Rodgers?

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
and where the heck did the Falcons come from to vie for the conference championship

best offense in the league.

Julio Jones is a beast......and they are at home.

we will see whether Aaron Rogers can outscore Atlanta. if it's close I like Green Bay.....but it might not be close.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
best offense in the league.

Julio Jones is a beast......and they are at home.

we will see whether Aaron Rogers can outscore Atlanta. if it's close I like Green Bay.....but it might not be close.

so what's their weakness if they were only 10-6 on the season?

And the next question is can the Patriots be beaten? But as the title of the movie with Pacino years ago said ...."on any given Sunday....."

These last 3 games should be very good

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
so what's their weakness if they were only 10-6 on the season?

And the next question is can the Patriots be beaten? But as the title of the movie with Pacino years ago said ...."on any given Sunday....."

These last 3 games should be very good

Atlanta made the Seahawk defense look terrible. they did whatever they wanted to. that same defense stopped the Pats on the road.

right now, I'd bet on Atlanta on a neutral field. the Pats have a decent defense that likely would not quite measure up to Seattle's......and Atlanta has a hot QB who can make all the throws.....and the most dynamic player left in the playoffs.

should be interesting

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Atlanta made the Seahawk defense look terrible. they did whatever they wanted to. that same defense stopped the Pats on the road.

right now, I'd bet on Atlanta on a neutral field. the Pats have a decent defense that likely would not quite measure up to Seattle's......and Atlanta has a hot QB who can make all the throws.....and the most dynamic player left in the playoffs.

should be interesting

Despite torture from my NY/NJ friends and families, I rooted for Dallas since having lived there from 2003-12, I became a fan once Bill Parcells coached them (sadly, to mediocrity). However as long as Tom Brady walks the earth and Belichik is alive and coaching him, they have to be considered the team to beat.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Despite torture from my NY/NJ friends and families, I rooted for Dallas since having lived there from 2003-12, I became a fan once Bill Parcells coached them (sadly, to mediocrity). However as long as Tom Brady walks the earth and Belichik is alive and coaching him, they have to be considered the team to beat.

+1

As the saying goes ... on any Given Sunday ...

I don't see how GB mediocre defense will hold Atlanta. OTOH Atlanta has a good defense and a superlative offense
Looks like a Pats vs Hawks Superbowl. If it gets to that the Pats win: You give Belichick and Brady two weeks to prepare to play a team, they likely win.

Pete Caroll is a great coach and makes some serious gambles whose outcomes have been positive for the Seahawks... Starting Russell Wilson being one of these ... His last gamble however, that to have an inexperienced Offensive line cost the Seahawks the season.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
+1

As the saying goes ... on any Given Sunday ...

I don't see how GB mediocre defense will hold Atlanta. OTOH Atlanta has a good defense and a superlative offense
Looks like a Pats vs Hawks Superbowl. If it gets to that the Pats win: You give Belichick and Brady two weeks to prepare to play a team, they likely win.

Pete Caroll is a great coach and makes some serious gambles whose outcomes have been positive for the Seahawks... Starting Russell Wilson being one of these ... His last gamble however, that to have an inexperienced Offensive line cost the Seahawks the season.

too many injuries this year for the Seahawks. Russell Wilson has been hobbled all year, putting much more pressure on the offensive line since his run option was off the table.

Thomas Rawls breaks his leg in the second game, C.J. Procise breaks his scapular, Troymaine Pope injured his ankle, Earl Thomas breaks his leg, Tyler Lockett breaks his leg. turns out Richard Sherman has had an MCL sprain most of the season.

all teams have injury issues, but these things made the difference for the Seahawks from playoff qualifier to Super Bowl contender.

if even only Wilson was completely healthy all year we play Atlanta at home instead of the road and who knows?

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Not sure if it was a big upset. Maybe in Texas but not the rest of the country. The Cowboys were only a 4.5 point favorite and they were starting a rookie quarterback. I did catch the last quarter and it was pretty exciting.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
@Mike

Russell Wilson was hurt because of the inexperience of the Seahawks offensive line. It took a while for the running game to be half-decent. Defense was definitely hobbled but with a half-decent offense could have held its own... Not with the Seahawks struggling to score ...

@everyone

While I hate the Cowboys for no particular reason other than they are the Cowboys :D, they didn't lose because of any rookie mistakes by Prescott who's a superstar in the making. With their superlative offensive line he is protected and won't be destroyed by his coach like RGIII was ... The last play of the game was a good effort by Rodgers but the catch was extraordinary while the throw wasn't... That was one incredible catch. Not enough has been said about it. Had the game gone in overtime, the Cowboys, who up to then had been pushing the Packers around for most of the second half, would have won. The Packers had no answer for Zeke Eliott or the 'Boys offensive line in general... Their defense was holding the Packers to field goals if that much... I hate the Cowboys with a passion but they were one of the best team in the league and likely will continue to be so.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
too many injuries this year for the Seahawks. Russell Wilson has been hobbled all year, putting much more pressure on the offensive line since his run option was off the table.

Thomas Rawls breaks his leg in the second game, C.J. Procise breaks his scapular, Troymaine Pope injured his ankle, Earl Thomas breaks his leg, Tyler Lockett breaks his leg. turns out Richard Sherman has had an MCL sprain most of the season.

all teams have injury issues, but these things made the difference for the Seahawks from playoff qualifier to Super Bowl contender.

if even only Wilson was completely healthy all year we play Atlanta at home instead of the road and who knows?

Not sure I'm buying that. In fact if you look at starters games missed, Seahawks were middle of the pack. Injury or no, Russell Wilson did not improve for the first time and in fact, might have regressed. He (and Alex Smith) needs to work on taking 3-5 steps and delivering the ball with conviction. Can't help but think that Wilson must wonder if he could have signed for only $17M a year, leaving the team the resources to afford a better offensive line, capable of keeping him upright. I was shocked that their psyche was so fragile that they would fall apart after losing Earl...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing