Audio-Technica A1000z Around-Ear Studio Monitor Headphone review

dalethorn

Headphone user
Dec 9, 2012
Cleveland TN.
dalethorn.com
It was my good luck to get another Audio-Technica headphone for review this month, on loan from MyMac for a couple of weeks. To be honest, I like most headphones I do get, since I choose only those that interest me. That said though, this A1000z is one of the better bets in a more-or-less neutral 'monitor' headphone, and I commented after the review that the only headphones I've had that are comparable in the A1000z's price range are the MrSpeakers Mad Dog and the AKG K712 (albeit they don't sound quite as neutral). I think the cheaper AKG K553 Massdrop edition was nearly as good as these, and probably the best bargain.

http://www.mymac.com/2017/01/audio-technica-ath-a1000z-art-monitor-headphones-review/

Indy

Dec 14, 2014
It was my good luck to get another Audio-Technica headphone for review this month, on loan from MyMac for a couple of weeks. To be honest, I like most headphones I do get, since I choose only those that interest me. That said though, this A1000z is one of the better bets in a more-or-less neutral 'monitor' headphone, and I commented after the review that the only headphones I've had that are comparable in the A1000z's price range are the MrSpeakers Mad Dog and the AKG K712 (albeit they don't sound quite as neutral). I think the cheaper AKG K553 Massdrop edition was nearly as good as these, and probably the best bargain.

http://www.mymac.com/2017/01/audio-technica-ath-a1000z-art-monitor-headphones-review/
Yo Dale. I haven't seen you on the internets in over a year. You doing ok?

Headphoneman

Oct 27, 2022

hey i also reviewed Audio-Technica headphones on my blog. I am headphone lover and use i love to review them. if you want you can check my review - Best Audio Technica Headphones 2022 Hope you will love my listing.
Thank you

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Hello Headphoneman

Welcome to the What's Best Forums.

Cheers,
Christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing