More activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I'm finally getting to the bottom of the problem. They have isolated the problem to template changes made in 2015 by a "former owner admin" of WBF which they feel has caused the problem. They will deal with it in the morning to undo the changes made unbeknownst to us as the tech they need to do this has left.
Oh, I am very sorry if a change I made has caused this. Please let me know if they charge you to fix it and I will reimburse you through another donation.

This has truly been an entire day's work
Forum upkeep takes time no matter which way you look at it. I probably averaged 100+ hours per year doing these chores. It is remarkable that it runs as well as it does.....

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Wow, now it is indeed exactly like it used to be...awesome! Francisco is going to be real happy, and me too, and David, and everyone else.

And Steve, a big thank you for all the time and effort. You finally succeeded.
Don't feel too bad about the amount of time it took on your day; we all have similar experiences; it is a sign of dedication and perseverance, a positive sign.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I'm informed by tech support that the More Activity is fully functional. I have tried it and it will go back as far as 60 days.

Yes, it is working great now. Thanks - this feature working properly is great to people who want to keep updated, having a global overview in an expedite way.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I'm informed by tech support that the More Activity is fully functional. I have tried it and it will go back as far as 60 days.

Sometimes we don't give you all due appreciation, so here's some

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I changed the "more activity" from 60 days to 30 days as longer histories can slow site performance.

Say WBF is averaging 300 posts per day; 30 days that would be 9,000 posts! That is plenty a lot.
Personally, the most I ever went back was roughly 1,000 posts. And only once.

By the way, on very good "active" days I saw 500-600 posts here @ WBF. I think. Those were the very top days.
This is only "active", with posts being posted, and not guests reading.
You Steve knows best WBF's activity on a daily basis. ...Both active and passive activities.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I changed the "more activity" from 60 days to 30 days as longer histories can slow site performance.

Steve
Thank you. If 30 days impacts the performance you could still shorten it some more . I think most of us would be more than happy with a week.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Steve
Thank you. If 30 days impacts the performance you could still shorten it some more .
I think most of us would be more than happy with a week.

Yes, even five days. Low activity days @ say 200 posts per day times five is still 1,000 posts!

By the way, the speed here @ WBF (navigating, ...) is excellent. And it has been for a long while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing