More activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
You can tell them it's broken with all 4 major browsers (Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari). Thus, hardly user controlled.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Ok. I think they are into something. They have shown that WBF has gotten so busy with so much traffic that our storage is over the site limit. They are increasing the site storage. I'll let you know when this has been done

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Ok. I think they are into something. They have shown that WBF has gotten so busy with so much traffic that our storage is over the site limit. They are increasing the site storage. I'll let you know when this has been done
We (WBF) were near the limit a year ago. If you recall I was saying we should budget for the increase then....

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Tech support has been working on the "more activity" feature and have made some changes. Could users of this feature let me know if things are, better, worse, or no different

Same (no different); like before...brings you back to the top of the page.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
It used to extend the list for another few pages beyond what it deems new for a user but stopped working a while back. It's a useful feature, often I browse threads and and don't have to the time to finish reading or replying and would like to get back to them later. As it is if the thread hasn't been updated I won't be able to see it under the "what's new" tab. It would be great if clicking on "More Activity" button extended the posts by 24 hrs and at least up to 72hrs clicking more.

david

I agree with David; me too I found it to be a very useful feature, just exactly like he explained.
______

I'm going to add this: I understand, and because there is no advertisement @ WBF, no sources of revenues for further enhancement/development, other than the owners and their supporters (members) from their own pocket and financial contributions...I accept the compromises. My favorite feature here is "No Advertisement". And that's very good because there are plenty ultra hi-end audio dealers.

* When I buy a stereo magazine @ Chapters, I pay for reading their adds too ...50% of the content are adds, and it's me, my money coming out from my pocket that supports the stereo manufacturer's adds. ...In addition to the articles/reviews written that also support those adds. It's a family affair.

So, WBF is also a family; and she doesn't need to be like all other families. And that uniqueness (no adds) is the privilege we enjoy being in company of the finest. And because of that, I understand very well, and I accept it from that positive perspective, and with comfort.

And Steve is right; we can adapt to "New Posts". That's what I do on occasions; my habit is different but not worse.
More than a feature is a positive attitude ... :b

Last edited:

Steve Williams

I'm pleased to report unless one of you here say otherwise that the "more activity" button is working

turned out to be a whole lot more than insufficient storage but everything has been cleaned up and the more activity works just fine

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
that's because I've set it to 100 Bob. Is that not enough for you? Tell me how many to set it for Bob that will make you happy

Oh for me ten is plenty. :b

* In the past I sometimes went back 300-400 on the most active days.

100 is great Steve, it doubles the number for everyone. :cool:

Steve Williams

Oh for me ten is plenty. :b

* In the past I sometimes went back 300-400 on the most active days.

100 is great Steve, it doubles the number for everyone. :cool:

That's difficult for me to understand as the maximum allowed is 150

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
That's difficult for me to understand as the maximum allowed is 150

Steve, in the past, under "What's New" there were 50 posts on the main page...when we were clicking on "More Activity", the next previous 50 posts were showing, and so on...indefinitely. There was no limit...we could go back as far as we wanted...500, 1,000... And I'm 100% certain. Ask anyone else and they'll all agree with that fact.

Like I said, it's no big deal, and 150 is plenty enough for 101% of the general population. :b

I'm sure Francisco, David, and many others will benefit from 150. ...Even I. So thank you.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Steve
It is still functioning the same. I just used the "Activity Stream" tab. It listed a lot of threads the oldest one being 7:36am today. I hit the "Moree Activity" tab and the same threads show, the oldest being again 7:36 this morning. Other sites would show more pages with addtional threads older than 7:36 when hitting this tab.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Lol Steve, I know, we have talked about this in the past already. Francisco brought it back for this new year, 2017.
I'm not trying to find the reason why it's different than in the past; it's not important.

I know nothing on website designs and features, and it's not our forte here. WBF is the best design of all already; and it's not a small detail like this that is going to change that.
What counts the most is the content, people's contribution, honor, friendship, valor, ... that kind of jazz.
I miss Ron, Tom, Lee, Amir too, but what can I do...c'est la vie. I've been dead few times myself, now I resurrected from under.
I just want to go higher, closer to nirvana...with everyone else. I do what I can do best, the rest is up to everyone else. :b

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing