Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: More activity

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar

More activity

Why the More Activity button is not working?

When we press it, we are always returned to the more recent post. I tried it with Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome.
    Under construction around a pair of Wilson XLF's and a DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! still-one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    Why the More Activity button is not working?

When we press it, we are always returned to the more recent post. I tried it with Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome.
    It has been this way for a long time and is very frustrating.
    Jim
    Speakers:Alexandria X2- Series 2, AMP''s-D'Agostino Momentum mono blocks, Pre-Amp:D'Agostino Momentum Phono Stage Esoteric E-03 Sources :Meridian 808v6 & MC-200, SME 20/3, Cabling/Interconnects:Transparent Opus SC and Interconnects, Power Delivery Shunyata Denali

VIP/Donor [WBF Founding Member] ack's Avatar
    Yes, it's been like that for well over a year, maybe two. Other sites running vBulletin work fine.
    Sources: mod. VPI Aries 3;mod. JMW 10.5i/Ortofon A90;mod. Pass XP-25;Spectral 3000 xport/mod. Alpha DAC;mod. Magnum Dynalab Etude;mod. Revox B-77II Amplification: Spectral DMC-30SV/DMA-400RS Speakers: Heavily mod. MartinLogan (custom Mundorf xover, cabling, woofers; structural mods);mod. REL Cabling: MIT Oracle 50ic,MA-X/Oracle 90.1 Power: MIT Z-Strip, Magnum Z-Trap; Shunyata Black Mamba CX HC cords, Typhon Tweaks: EAR Isodamp c1002 References: Live unamplified music
    System link WBF

Wouldn't the same thing be accomplished by hitting the refresh button? Please accept my apologies for not knowing exactly what this button did, I wasn't even aware of it's existence before I read this.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

I post my own opinions except when posting as a moderator in green.

VIP/Donor [WBF Founding Member] ack's Avatar
    Refresh is not the same. The More Activity would simply continue loading more posts at the bottom of the page, like a continuous feed.
    Sources: mod. VPI Aries 3;mod. JMW 10.5i/Ortofon A90;mod. Pass XP-25;Spectral 3000 xport/mod. Alpha DAC;mod. Magnum Dynalab Etude;mod. Revox B-77II Amplification: Spectral DMC-30SV/DMA-400RS Speakers: Heavily mod. MartinLogan (custom Mundorf xover, cabling, woofers; structural mods);mod. REL Cabling: MIT Oracle 50ic,MA-X/Oracle 90.1 Power: MIT Z-Strip, Magnum Z-Trap; Shunyata Black Mamba CX HC cords, Typhon Tweaks: EAR Isodamp c1002 References: Live unamplified music
    System link WBF

Ah, thank you ack. Steve is aware of the issue and I will refer you all to him for the solution.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

I post my own opinions except when posting as a moderator in green.

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post
    Ah, thank you ack. Steve is aware of the issue and I will refer you all to him for the solution.

Tom

thanks

I have never used that button. All I ever use is New Posts and have never had a problem. I will submit a work ticket however
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ack View Post
    Refresh is not the same. The More Activity would simply continue loading more posts at the bottom of the page, like a continuous feed.
    Yes, it is a great feature to know the recent posts and posters in a fast and expedite way - it also shows immediately the first line of the post.
    Under construction around a pair of Wilson XLF's and a DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack.

Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    Yes, it is a great feature to know the recent posts and posters in a fast and expedite way - it also shows immediately the first line of the post.
    so does New Posts. If you click on the brown icon to the left of the New Post they will come up in order that they were posted
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Tech support has been working on the "more activity" feature and have made some changes. Could users of this feature let me know if things are, better, worse, or no different
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast