All New Samsung QLED TV's are coming on the market in 2017 !

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/1...qled-tv-technology-its-still-an-lcd-panel.htm

Samsung is beating its own drum with QLED. ...Visio with LED. ...And LG, Sony and Panasonic with OLED.

* I would love a 100" OLED screen (UHD/HDR/Dolby Vision) for five grands (loonies). ...In 2033....for the afterlife. :b

The sad thing (for some) in 2017 is that no more TVs with 3D, none! Nobody. LG just abandoned it.

Where advancements need to be is in the 4K/3D HDR/Dolby Vision front projectors front. For the true cinephiles.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
These new QLED's will not be on the market until 2018 so OLED is still KING for a little while longer until QLED comes on the market.

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I was at Best Buys and they told me that the All New 2017 QLEDs will be in their stores in a few weeks and prices will stay the same as Samsung's out going models..$2499 for a 55" and $3499 for a 65" and $6799 for a 75" !

They said there going to put these all new QLEDs right next to the OLEDs!!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Not a bad price for the 65" ... but what a jump for the 75"!
_______

There are many TV brands and technologies out there...Sony, LG, Samsung, Panasonic, JVC, Vizio, Optoma, Epson, ... OLED, QLED, LCD LED, DLP, ...
It's almost like researching and investing on the best performing stocks, best managers, best philosophies, technologies, ...

• Just as an aside, in regard to Samsung (and not the first time): https://www.thestar.com/business/20...bery-embezzlement-charges-in-south-korea.html

It's no big deal, Sony I also can post links of terrible deals and stolen ideas they did.
But all added together, our information, on all aspects of the products...their origins, their performance long-term, the team behind, the reliability, the integrity, the liability, the insurance, the assurance, the comparisons, the relations, the behind the lines, the everything...is important. It makes us choose one technology from one product over another.
Prices are very important; they dictate the technological trends...usually.

I'll keep an eye open on QLED (Quantum dot LED Series) from Samsung.
...And the others...LED from Sony (Z9D), and OLED from LG (W7).

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

--------_--------

:b

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing