Which Wilson Do You Own? (Take The Poll!)

Which Wilson do you own?

• Alexandria XLF

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Alexx

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexia

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Sasha Series-2

• Yvette

• Sabrina

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Duette Series-2

• Total voters

LetSleepingDogs

Nov 21, 2016
You read the title! So, which Wilson do you own?

If you have an older model, list it here! :D

Last edited:

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
My Alexias are in Topaz

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
X1s in Black

Enatai252

Mar 2, 2013
Pacific NW
I bet those are stunning!

Wow, you don't screw around! Do you have any pics of your setup?

I posted some pics of my theater room two years ago. That room has the Alexia, mezzo and One pair of Alidas(pics are old so surround 2s in photo)

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?16612-Wilson-Audio-Theater-Room-complete

My study has another set of Alidas in an Aston Martin Orange attached but poor photo....I sit on the other side of the room.

Duettes v2 are in my cabin with Ref40 and Ref 150. The Duette V1s are up there too as I replaced with the V2s but don't want to get rid of the V1s

I am thinking about the Alexx to replace Alexia but I enjoy my sessions with current system so much that it's hard to compel myself to make that call....I would expect more scale and weight...but my current listening preference to small scale jazz, vocals and chamber music seem to be sized right with current set up

Attachments

• IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 249
Last edited:

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Would previous owners count?

Just to add my 50cts: the Alexia's (in granite off-grey with hints of yellow lines, absolutely stunning!). Probably the main reason for getting them, and that majestic presence. I still kick myself in the nuts for not taking any photos, was too busy focusing on the sound and trying to acquire a suitable amp, which I never could afford in the first place! The only good thing was that this system was purchased used. Looked ok with hints of strain in certain frequencies, never paid close attention, just wanted to get them home, until...
Soundwise ok to a certain point, probably never had the right room nor best matching amplification.

Will never use Wilsons again; (mostly due to personal reasons- finances & the brittle job market at the time, plus very bad dealings with previous owner). Purchased in so called "good condition" only later to realise one channel had gone through a lighting strike, and heavily damaged part of the x-over. On a positive note: goes to show that these things are built like tanks! Solid power supplies and extreme top notch parts inside. If it was any other speaker system that I currently have or previously owned, a lightening strike would have burned them to the ground!

Anyway, once repaired with suitable parts in working condition, they were sold off to humble chappy in Sydney. A "well heeled" chap (I like that well heeled terminology) who happens to have other Wilson's and very fluent with their tech & current design. Funny thing is when I came across this post, this chap just happened to have a pair of old WP's in mint condition, wanting to part with towards a good caring owner and thought of me! (feels like I'm adopting a kitten!).

Obviously my reply was a big woof- No thanks! happy with Martin Logan's- their simply the best! He also thinks so, so there!

The wifey recently commented, that she cannot understand what's wrong with me and my silly high-end hobby. Each time I bring in something that nearly drives me penny less, such as Wilsons & Quads, they just don't work! Hence, I have to spend more to get them repaired and working. Never had any major issues whatsoever with Infinities, Maggies, Genesis, older Quads (other than tropical issues on the panels) and now Martin Logan's- they just work perfectly each time. Ok, the maggies had their occasional ribbon tweeter change but that was normal wear and tear, and obviously I never had any of these systems on during thunder storms.

But the wifey cannot understand, and claims that I am the chosen one for high-end disasters, therefore better to stick with low-end, so she claims... perhaps it's true!

Anyway, the old WP's going are in similar granite colour, and look fabulous! mmm...

And speaking of kittens, yes there's an addition to the family, 3 month old domestic medium, sharp claws and full of life, and comes in black! Stepped on him a few nights, can't see the little bugger since he blends into the dark, woops!

Cheers to those Wilson's! great speakers no doubt (with the right amplification). Just for kicks- Martin Logan's are still better and they can take a lightening strike because they cause lightening!
Cheers, RJ

Deepender

Feb 2, 2017
Sophia 3 Black/Stacked Sequerra T-1 Mk Ii Ribbon Tweeters on Top (Black w/Gold Grills)

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing