Cardas Clear

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I hate that Cardas won't accept bananas (with ease). It's silly in 2017.

Bananas is an inferiour construction afaic , but my cardas LS terminals have a hole in them to fit a banana plug so you can use them with cardasconnectors, they accept both spade and banana.

Ps actually the cardas LS terminals are :

Long billet Copper posts, Rhodium over Silver plate. Billet Copper nut, Gold plate.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
All marketing talk afaic dave and you have a reason for it as a dealer, but as this is a cardas thread and you bring in furutech you ought to come with something better then " furutech is much better ".

Electrical Conductivity (S/m) gold 4.1×10 7 silver 6.30×10 7 Platinum 9.43×10 6 copper 5.96×10 7.

Platinum is a worse conductor then copper and so is gold , silver is slightly better .
Most LS internal wires are copperstrands /silverplated , going from copper to a (worse conductor) platinum plated pure ? silver connector might actually worsen the sound , as you mix 2 materials /metals with different properties together .

WTF are you talking about?!?! You accuse me of "marketing talk"? Please point to the exact quote in my response to you or apologize. I gave you some suggestions to try out in a friendly manner and THIS is how you react?

And I suppose conductivity is the answer to how conductors sound? That's more than a bit ridiculous. You know how you figure out if something sounds better than something else? You test it, you don't look up material properties that may or may not have any correlation to sound. And since you bring it up, exactly how does conductivity relate to sound? I suppose you have some defined relationship or are you pulling this from somewhere dark and stinky in an attempt to look intelligent?

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Well this is how i see it dave whether you like it or not , its not a furutech thread .
Still waiting for some facts from your side as to why furutech is better then cardas .

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Ps actually the cardas LS terminals are :

Long billet Copper posts, Rhodium over Silver plate. Billet Copper nut, Gold plate.

So after all your bullshit about material properties you choose rhodium plated copper? Lol, you're a hypocrite! All of your material science BS should apply to me and not you? Because if you bother to look it up, rhodium is a poor conductor vs other choices.

I seriously can't believe the way you've treated me, you should be ashamed of yourself. I tried to give you my perspective in a friendly way, so you can improve your products and your system and you accuse me of marketing talk, like I'm going to be selling you Furutech parts from the US to Europe, to someone who can get their own wholesale account?

You couldn't be any more offensive if you tried, I am sorry I replied to you at all and I certainly won't in the future. I have other things to say to you but I'll just stop here.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Well this is how i see it dave whether you like it or not , its not a furutech thread .
Still waiting for some facts from your side as to why furutech is better then cardas .

Still waiting for your apology, as you accused me of something I did not do.

And I have no obligation to give you "facts", lol... do your own research. But of course you don't do your own research because you are a speaker builder who has never tried many of the best connectors on the market! How sad... what else do you skip doing research on? Drivers? Crossover components? Lol, what a joke.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
What ever !

Hahahahaha! About the response I expected.

- You accused me falsely of "marketing speak" after giving you free advise in a friendly manner.

- You refuse to apologize for this transgression, which is very offensive, instead doubling down on your false accusation. You cannot provide proof of your accusation in my response to you either.

- You list conductivity of metals and tell me I make poor decisions based on this data, yet in the next post you claim you use rhodium plated copper posts! Clearly you have never looked up the conductivity of rhodium and your previous comments to me about conductivity were proven to be made up bullshit in an attempt to make me look bad, but seem to make you look like an ignorant hypocrite. You can't correlate conductivity with sound quality either, making you seem like even more of an idiot.

- It's clear you are a speaker manufacturer/designer who has never tried what many people believe to be the best speaker connectors on the planet. But nevertheless you defend your own choice of parts based on this ridiculous conductivity argument, despite the fact you have no actual experience and can't correlate conductivity to anything audible.

- It logically follows that you have not done much research on a lot of things.

I think that about sums it up...

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
My previous speakerdesigns used " pure " copperalloy connectors from mundorf also very good .
I ve tried WBT long time ago but after filing off the " gold plate " i discovered some inferiour metal , despite quite a steep price , more expensive then mundorf or cardas and yes i m dutch i only spend on proven /factual quality.
The modern WBT terminals might be different

For the rest i dont think i need to answer you anymore as i dont think you are willing /able to present any furutech or WBT facts to me ;)

Last edited:

LeBlanc

Aug 14, 2019
The Netherlands
Yes, it's a revision Cardas made to (only) the interconnect a few years ago and Rev1 version sounds considerably better - cleaner and clearer. But a brand new Clear Beyond is in another league. Best cable Cardas has ever made IMO.
I’ve been looking for Cardas clear speaker cables and it appears these also have a rev1 version, just as the interconnects. Any first hand experience of the original vs the rev1 Clear speaker cables?

LeBlanc

Aug 14, 2019
The Netherlands
Cardas informed me the rev1 speaker cables have slightly more copper strands, resulting in better lows and better dynamic range than the original Clear.

transaminasi

Jan 16, 2015
North Italy
I had Clear Speaker and Clear Rev.1 Interconnect until 2019. Then I bought Clear Beyond Speaker and Clear Beyond Interconnect. Two years ago I did ask to Mr. Brian of Cardas difference Clear vs Clear Rev.1 Speaker and he did responce me as to you (...rev1 speaker cables have slightly more copper strands, resulting in better lows and better dynamic range than the original Clear...). But I must say Clear Beyond is another planet. Clear (speak and ic) in my opinion are not very good for their prices. In your place I would take them only in the used market.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeBlanc

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
One of my neighbors here replaced his Furutechs with this, also on Avalon, with CJ
Hello, which Furutech ? I am very curious to know. Thanks

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Sorry, I don't remember, that was three years ago...
Ok, thanks but if you know the price, we can found the reference. I say that because I have the Furutech Lineflux ( 2500 $US).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing