Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cardas Clear

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar

Cardas Clear

Cardas is one of the best known cable brands, but very seldom referred in high-end audio forums. Cardas Golden Reference was an old favorite of mine, as it helped digital a lot in the "bright" days ... I just saw some advertisements of people selling Clear cables, specifying it is Rev.1. I have never read about "revisions" of Cardas cables. Can someone enlighten me?
    Under construction around a pair of Wilson XLF's, DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack and Audio Research REF40 ...

Member Sponsor Senior Member Marcus's Avatar
    Yes, it's a revision Cardas made to (only) the interconnect a few years ago and Rev1 version sounds considerably better - cleaner and clearer. But a brand new Clear Beyond is in another league. Best cable Cardas has ever made IMO.
    Source: Kuzma XL DC, Kuzma 4Point 14 inch, Benz Micro LP-S MR; Phono: Zanden 1200 Mk3; Tuner: Magnum Dynalab MD-108T Signature; Line Stage: conrad-johnson GAT S2; Power amp: conrad-johnson ART; Speakers: Avalon Time; Grounding: Tripoint Troy Signature & Thor SE; Interconnects: Cardas Clear Beyond & Clear Rev1; Speaker cables: Cardas Clear Beyond; Power cords: Cardas Clear Beyond; Stands: Finite Elemente Master Reference & Master Reference Heavy Duty; Acoustics treatment: Svanå Miljöteknik (SMT);

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Yes, it's a revision Cardas made to (only) the interconnect a few years ago and Rev1 version sounds considerably better - cleaner and clearer. But a brand new Clear Beyond is in another league. Best cable Cardas has ever made IMO.
    One of my neighbors here replaced his Furutechs with this, also on Avalon, with CJ

Anyone else have any experience with the Cardas Beyond Clear line of interconnects? Cardas Clear are very good and are the cables of choice for Audio Research and some others. Gotta assume the Beyond Clear is significantly better but if so, how?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    According to Cardas, the sound of the Rev 1 is identical to the original. The only purported difference is a slight change in the grounding scheme to make it more compatible with a wider array of user systems without eliciting noise.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] andromedaaudio's Avatar
    Cardas makes excellent stuff ,best LS terminals/ connectors on the market , virtually pure copper ( tiny alloy) milled connectors , a lot of brands use them.
    Last edited by andromedaaudio; 02-11-2017 at 11:47 PM.

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! DaveC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andromedaaudio View Post
    Cardas makes excellent stuff ,best LS terminals/ connectors on the market , virtually pure copper ( tiny alloy) milled connectors , a lot of brands use them.
    Binding posts, spades, bananas? There are far better from WBT and Furutech.
    Industry Affiliation:
    I own ZenWave Audio
    zenwaveaudio.com
    dave@zenwaveaudio.com
    Furutech Dealer

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    I am curious about Clear Beyond as well. Has anyone compared Clear Beyond interconnects to other well-regarded brands of interconnects?
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: Thorens Reference (to come); tonearm: SME 3012R (to come); cartridge: ZYX Universe Premium X-SB2 (to come)
    tape: Studer A820 Mk II
    preamp: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies (ordered); amplifier: VTL MB-750s
    speakers: Gryphon Pendragons (ordered)
    cables: MasterBuilt (not yet ordered); power: Benjamin Electric subpanel; JPS in-wall wire; Furutech NCF outlets; room: 20' wide X 25' long X 14' tall; treatment: ASC Tube Traps and Tower Slims; tweaks: Shakti Stones

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! Leif S's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    Binding posts, spades, bananas? There are far better from WBT and Furutech.
    +1
    Leif Swanson
    Vice President, Sales and Marketing
    Designer

Von Schweikert Audio
    Global Distributor- MasterBuilt Audio Cables

My System

Speakers are the Endeavor E-3MkII's, Audio Alchemy DDP-1 preamp with the PS-5 external power supply, 2- DPA-1M monoblocks, DMP-1 Media Player. All cables are by MasterBuilt including Signature speaker cables and interconnects and the Reference power cords. J-corder open reel deck.

I recently replaced a Cardas Clear to a Beyond Clear from my ASR phono stage to the VTL 7.5III preamp. It was a nice improvement, mostly in increased refinement and shading of timbres in orchestral instruments (which is what I play mostly on the TT). Frankly, it's such a damn good cable, I wonder if I'm wasting money by spending more on my uber expensvie MITs (which are mandated for Spectral amps). It's neutral, balanced, and natural sounding as far as I can tell. What's not to like?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast