Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Cardas Clear

  1. #21
    VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] andromedaaudio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam holland
    Posts
    3,017
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    I hate that Cardas won't accept bananas (with ease). It's silly in 2017.
    Bananas is an inferiour construction afaic , but my cardas LS terminals have a hole in them to fit a banana plug so you can use them with cardasconnectors, they accept both spade and banana.

    Ps actually the cardas LS terminals are :

    Long billet Copper posts, Rhodium over Silver plate. Billet Copper nut, Gold plate.

  2. #22
    [Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! DaveC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by andromedaaudio View Post
    All marketing talk afaic dave and you have a reason for it as a dealer, but as this is a cardas thread and you bring in furutech you ought to come with something better then " furutech is much better ".

    Electrical Conductivity (S/m) gold 4.110 7 silver 6.3010 7 Platinum 9.4310 6 copper 5.9610 7.

    Platinum is a worse conductor then copper and so is gold , silver is slightly better .
    Most LS internal wires are copperstrands /silverplated , going from copper to a (worse conductor) platinum plated pure ? silver connector might actually worsen the sound , as you mix 2 materials /metals with different properties together .
    WTF are you talking about?!?! You accuse me of "marketing talk"? Please point to the exact quote in my response to you or apologize. I gave you some suggestions to try out in a friendly manner and THIS is how you react?

    And I suppose conductivity is the answer to how conductors sound? That's more than a bit ridiculous. You know how you figure out if something sounds better than something else? You test it, you don't look up material properties that may or may not have any correlation to sound. And since you bring it up, exactly how does conductivity relate to sound? I suppose you have some defined relationship or are you pulling this from somewhere dark and stinky in an attempt to look intelligent?
    Industry Affiliation:
    I own ZenWave Audio
    zenwaveaudio.com
    dave@zenwaveaudio.com
    Furutech Dealer

  3. #23
    VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] andromedaaudio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam holland
    Posts
    3,017
    Well this is how i see it dave whether you like it or not , its not a furutech thread .
    Still waiting for some facts from your side as to why furutech is better then cardas .

  4. #24
    [Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! DaveC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by andromedaaudio View Post

    Ps actually the cardas LS terminals are :

    Long billet Copper posts, Rhodium over Silver plate. Billet Copper nut, Gold plate.
    So after all your bullshit about material properties you choose rhodium plated copper? Lol, you're a hypocrite! All of your material science BS should apply to me and not you? Because if you bother to look it up, rhodium is a poor conductor vs other choices.

    I seriously can't believe the way you've treated me, you should be ashamed of yourself. I tried to give you my perspective in a friendly way, so you can improve your products and your system and you accuse me of marketing talk, like I'm going to be selling you Furutech parts from the US to Europe, to someone who can get their own wholesale account?

    You couldn't be any more offensive if you tried, I am sorry I replied to you at all and I certainly won't in the future. I have other things to say to you but I'll just stop here.
    Industry Affiliation:
    I own ZenWave Audio
    zenwaveaudio.com
    dave@zenwaveaudio.com
    Furutech Dealer

  5. #25
    [Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! DaveC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by andromedaaudio View Post
    Well this is how i see it dave whether you like it or not , its not a furutech thread .
    Still waiting for some facts from your side as to why furutech is better then cardas .

    Still waiting for your apology, as you accused me of something I did not do.

    And I have no obligation to give you "facts", lol... do your own research. But of course you don't do your own research because you are a speaker builder who has never tried many of the best connectors on the market! How sad... what else do you skip doing research on? Drivers? Crossover components? Lol, what a joke.
    Industry Affiliation:
    I own ZenWave Audio
    zenwaveaudio.com
    dave@zenwaveaudio.com
    Furutech Dealer

  6. #26
    VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] andromedaaudio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam holland
    Posts
    3,017
    What ever !

  7. #27
    [Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! DaveC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by andromedaaudio View Post
    What ever !
    Hahahahaha! About the response I expected.

    - You accused me falsely of "marketing speak" after giving you free advise in a friendly manner.

    - You refuse to apologize for this transgression, which is very offensive, instead doubling down on your false accusation. You cannot provide proof of your accusation in my response to you either.

    - You list conductivity of metals and tell me I make poor decisions based on this data, yet in the next post you claim you use rhodium plated copper posts! Clearly you have never looked up the conductivity of rhodium and your previous comments to me about conductivity were proven to be made up bullshit in an attempt to make me look bad, but seem to make you look like an ignorant hypocrite. You can't correlate conductivity with sound quality either, making you seem like even more of an idiot.

    - It's clear you are a speaker manufacturer/designer who has never tried what many people believe to be the best speaker connectors on the planet. But nevertheless you defend your own choice of parts based on this ridiculous conductivity argument, despite the fact you have no actual experience and can't correlate conductivity to anything audible.

    - It logically follows that you have not done much research on a lot of things.

    I think that about sums it up...
    Industry Affiliation:
    I own ZenWave Audio
    zenwaveaudio.com
    dave@zenwaveaudio.com
    Furutech Dealer

  8. #28
    VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] andromedaaudio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam holland
    Posts
    3,017
    My previous speakerdesigns used " pure " copperalloy connectors from mundorf also very good .
    I ve tried WBT long time ago but after filing off the " gold plate " i discovered some inferiour metal , despite quite a steep price , more expensive then mundorf or cardas and yes i m dutch i only spend on proven /factual quality.
    The modern WBT terminals might be different

    For the rest i dont think i need to answer you anymore as i dont think you are willing /able to present any furutech or WBT facts to me
    Last edited by andromedaaudio; 03-21-2017 at 11:26 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Cardas Clear Beyond Power cords for sale
    By budda in forum Buy and Sell Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-14-2016, 07:01 PM
  2. WTB: Cardas Clear Reflection XLR Interconnects 2m
    By mikey8811 in forum Buy and Sell Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2016, 09:28 AM
  3. Opinions about Cardas Clear and Cardas Clear Beyond
    By microstrip in forum Audio Cable Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-09-2014, 05:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •