Thread: Cardas Clear

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar

Cardas Clear

Cardas is one of the best known cable brands, but very seldom referred in high-end audio forums. Cardas Golden Reference was an old favorite of mine, as it helped digital a lot in the "bright" days ... I just saw some advertisements of people selling Clear cables, specifying it is Rev.1. I have never read about "revisions" of Cardas cables. Can someone enlighten me?
    Under construction around a pair of Wilson XLF's and a DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack.

Member Sponsor Senior Member Marcus's Avatar
    Yes, it's a revision Cardas made to (only) the interconnect a few years ago and Rev1 version sounds considerably better - cleaner and clearer. But a brand new Clear Beyond is in another league. Best cable Cardas has ever made IMO.
    Source: Kuzma XL DC, Kuzma 4Point 14 inch, Benz Micro LP-S MR; Phono: Zanden 1200 Mk3; Tuner: Magnum Dynalab MD-108T Signature; Line Stage: conrad-johnson GAT; Power amp: conrad-johnson ART; Speakers: Avalon Time; Grounding: Tripoint Troy Signature & Thor SE; Interconnects: Cardas Clear Beyond & Clear Rev1; Speaker cables: Cardas Clear Beyond; Power cords: Cardas Clear Beyond; Stands: Finite Elemente Master Reference & Master Reference Heavy Duty; Acoustics treatment: Svanå Miljöteknik AB (SMT)

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Yes, it's a revision Cardas made to (only) the interconnect a few years ago and Rev1 version sounds considerably better - cleaner and clearer. But a brand new Clear Beyond is in another league. Best cable Cardas has ever made IMO.
    One of my neighbors here replaced his Furutechs with this, also on Avalon, with CJ