Bye Bye D7i

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I was very saddened by the news that TechDAS has stopped production of their one and only digital product. I always meant to keep one for myself but they kept on selling out. Not everybody can just go grab a CH Precision C1 the flagship DAC of TechDAS' parent company Stella/Zephyr and the D71 was meant to fill that void. In our small market it did just that. The D7i was a rather compact DAC, priced very fairly given its smooth, silky sound. It quickly became a favorite of my clients families. That's right, their families. The little guy was just so user friendly and was a veritable swiss army knife. The super simple panel loved by Moms who seem really hard to pry away from silver discs and BD players, the iOS port in front loved by the kids, the headphone output by the angsty teens. Dads of course loved that aside from being able to hook up their servers (crazy good synergy with Aurenders) for their Hi-Rez and DSD fixes, they could do toslink from their set top boxes or smart tvs in their living room systems. So long sound bars.

Well, just as I put in another 4 unit batch, I was sadly informed that they were no longer going to be made. The good guys at TechDAS informed me today however that they were able to get the parts for just one last unit and I could have it. This one I'll definitely keep for myself :)

Reactions: lordcloud

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing