Few DIY projects

jororaitchev

Jan 5, 2017
Bulgaria-Sofia
I previously make the last layer-10 mm MDF / to get a sandwich construction / on the front panel and the bottom and of the top.
For the side panels, last layer is 1 x 4 mm plywood and everything is re ady for the measurements.

Attachments

• Pl-.jpg
    Pl-.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 305
  • Pl-2.jpg
    Pl-2.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 267
  • Pl-3-.jpg
    Pl-3-.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 265
  • stran..jpg
    stran..jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 274

jororaitchev

Jan 5, 2017
Bulgaria-Sofia
And a risky picture (everything is supported by gravity), how look for compared to the front speakers, are not on one line, but I rely on your imagination.

Attachments

• Sr-st.jpg
    Sr-st.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 249

jororaitchev

Jan 5, 2017
Bulgaria-Sofia
Several steps to the moment with measurements ...

Attachments

• SrSt.jpg
    SrSt.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 229
  • SrSt-1.jpg
    SrSt-1.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 231
  • SrSt-3.jpg
    SrSt-3.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 231
  • SrST-2.jpg
    SrST-2.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 227

jororaitchev

Jan 5, 2017
Bulgaria-Sofia
Clarification, this is a polyurethane primer, I will be make veneer on the on cabinet's with "Birds of Maple".
The first home tests are good.
My current surround speakers of " Technics" CA-10 with a good sound from 1997, they are sadly retreated himself ...

Attachments

• Sr+.jpg
    Sr+.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 208

jororaitchev

Jan 5, 2017
Bulgaria-Sofia
After the measurements, this is are Technical data:
Frequence Range; 33-25000 Hz
Long term Max Power; 200 W
Crossover Frequency; 2800 Hz
Impedance; 4 Ohms
Sensitivity; 90 db SPL
Cabinet Volume; 31 L
Gross weight / without stand /; 27kg.

This is the project of the rear speakers, will finish it with "Bird's eye view". There will be a sequel ...sometime..

Joro Raitchev
Sofia- Bulgaria

jororaitchev

Jan 5, 2017
Bulgaria-Sofia
A very underestimated moment - work with multilayer MDF!

There's still a lot of work on the stands.
I show you a few pictures of the front speaker bases, the rear speaker stands will look like the same;Always been a problem with the MDF, especially when we have a multilayer construction. Over time, individual parts are beginning to show up - all of this is the result of improper processing. Soon I will show you how to deal with this problem.

Always been a problem with the MDF, especially when we have a multilayer construction. Over time, individual parts are beginning to show up - all of this is the result of improper processing. Soon I will show you how to deal with this problem.

Attachments

• sr.jpg
    sr.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 172
  • sr-.jpg
    sr-.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 176
  • sr-0.jpg
    sr-0.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 175
  • sr-1.jpg
    sr-1.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 170

jororaitchev

Jan 5, 2017
Bulgaria-Sofia
These days I remembered that I did not discuss my veneering technique with natural veneer for cabinets with a polyurethane varnish base. Like this pozicion-1
how i maked and finish in pozicion- 2?

Attachments

• poz-1-1.jpg
    poz-1-1.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 109
  • poz-2-2.jpg
    poz-2-2.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 104

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Your woodworking is awesome! Thanks for posting! :)

I've only done simple 2-D veneering, that looks like a challenge...

jororaitchev

Jan 5, 2017
Bulgaria-Sofia
These days I remembered that I did not discuss my veneering technique with natural veneer for cabinets with a polyurethane varnish base. Like this pozicion-1
how i maked and finish in pozicion- 2?

Thank you !
I don't know to exist 3D veneer - I'm kidding!
Showcase your work, if you wish, I can give you useful information.
Joro

jororaitchev

Jan 5, 2017
Bulgaria-Sofia
A very underestimated moment - work with multilayer MDF!

There's still a lot of work on the stands.
I show you a few pictures of the front speaker bases, the rear speaker stands will look like the same;Always been a problem with the MDF, especially when we have a multilayer construction. Over time, individual parts are beginning to show up - all of this is the result of improper processing. Soon I will show you how to deal with this problem.

Always been a problem with the MDF, especially when we have a multilayer construction. Over time, individual parts are beginning to show up - all of this is the result of improper processing. Soon I will show you how to deal with this problem.

I show you a German site, that offers such "DIY loudspeakers -cabinet " and please, for your attention, they want money for such a product;

Attachments

• ??????.jpg
    ??????.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 109

carolus

Dec 20, 2013
Belgium (Brussels)
@ jojoraitchef.
I like (admire) your wood-skills & perseverance & multidisciplinaire tech. in the (home) field (even your audio scène) .....
Congrats for your project.
Karel

(one note: be careful with issues difference dilatation coefficients & home temp/Hr...)

jororaitchev

Jan 5, 2017
Bulgaria-Sofia
@ jojoraitchef.
I like (admire) your wood-skills & perseverance & multidisciplinaire tech. in the (home) field (even your audio scène) .....
Congrats for your project.
Karel

(one note: be careful with issues difference dilatation coefficients & home temp/Hr...)

Thanks for your good evaluation!
Joro

jororaitchev

Jan 5, 2017
Bulgaria-Sofia
Not everything is as easy as it seems, the problem with the seasonal movement of MDF material is not to be underestimated! Typically, problems with the multi-layered construction of MDF details occur after several seasons, I'll show you how I handle this task: 6.jpg
On the first photo, we can see the hidden problem that will appear in a few years is very well.
I show my way of dealing with this task;

Attachments

• 20181130_171559.jpg
    20181130_171559.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20181130_173913.jpg
    20181130_173913.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 4
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 4

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing