ces 2017: Any Requests?

ayreman

Jan 2, 2017
Ukraine
Hello everyone. I am making my yearly pilgrimage to Consumer Electronics Show which starts on January 5th, 2017.

Please post here or PM me if there are specific exhibits/rooms you want me to go to and/or spend more time in. I will try to cover all the high-end rooms at the Venetian hotel and post them on ASR Forum. But still, let me know of any specific rooms you are interested in and I will make sure there is good coverage for them.
I do have a request: could you, please, visit Audioquest at Venetian Suites 30-105 & 30-106? I'm curious if they are presenting any new cables this year. Thanks!

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Hello everyone. I am making my yearly pilgrimage to Consumer Electronics Show which starts on January 5th, 2017.

Please post here or PM me if there are specific exhibits/rooms you want me to go to and/or spend more time in. I will try to cover all the high-end rooms at the Venetian hotel and post them on ASR Forum. But still, let me know of any specific rooms you are interested in and I will make sure there is good coverage for them.

I don't have any "broken tonearms" this year, but come by late on Saturday to go to our annual gathering of carnivores.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Many thanks for the offer. Very interested in the Nagra HD line room with Wilson Alexx speakers. They also have a 2nd room with their Classic line products. Enjoy!

cyclopse

Jul 25, 2016
The Raidho room. Interested if they show the revised Cx.2 revisions.

Also your coverage of demo music has been very informative in the past.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
The Raidho room. Interested if they show the revised Cx.2 revisions.

Also your coverage of demo music has been very informative in the past.
Will do both. Hit one floor today and didn't see Raidho. Always enjoy stealing their playlist from them :).

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

One quick question for you Amir: Will you share your visits here as well, @ WBF?

If you do, then don't forget to visit the room where they have the new Mark Levinson turntable model ? 515

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2017/01/04/ces-2017-mark-levinson-№-515-turntable/
_____

* Also, the new Sony UHD OLED TVs. That should be very very interesting...
http://www.theverge.com/ces/2017/1/4/14159258/sony-oled-bravia-4k-hdr-tv-ces-2017-specs

Last edited:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
One quick question for you Amir: Will you share your visits here as well, @ WBF?
I will post a reply for the specific questions raised here. Otherwise I expect to have some 100 threads on the show and can't duplicate them on both forums. My apology for that.

If you do, then don't forget to visit the room where they have the new Mark Levinson turntable model ? 515

I saw this today but it was not playing. May go back again to hear it.

* Also, the new Sony UHD OLED TVs. That should be very very interesting...
http://www.theverge.com/ces/2017/1/4/14159258/sony-oled-bravia-4k-hdr-tv-ces-2017-specs
It is on top of my list to see tomorrow (Saturday). I finished the audio rooms today.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
She's pretty...the ML TT. ...Simple, futuristic, elegance, hefty presence, sign of things to come...price to follow suit, tuxedo @ the grand opera ball.
/// With black and grey silver accents. Michael (Fremer) would want to play with it, in his LP cave.

If looks alone could tell how music sounds; we'd stop searching and just decor our music rooms to go along with our fine wines and cigars and camembert plus brie cheese and paintings and sculptures and favorite flowers and plants.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Beautifull coverage amir on your site , how did the zanden/kharma sound

The rooms look quit nice , although some a bit overdamped may be ??
A lot of absorption

Last edited:

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Pics on ASR are terrific! :cool:
Thanks for your effort, Amir.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
any chance you heard this Amir? Venetian Suite 35-307 (Lamm ML3 Signature, Emm Digital and Kharma Midi Grand Speakers ($225K)? Below is the Sheet for the system, location, etc

Kharma CES.jpg

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
This kharma model uses the omega F driver which they developed themselves , cone is carbon and the ring on which the voice coil is mounted as well , plus iirc they use some special kind of magnet .
Sounded nice when i heard it , to bad they dont also show with their own electronics

Ps apparently the chassis of the unit has also carbon in it ?:)

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
any chance you heard this Amir? Venetian Suite 35-307 (Lamm ML3 Signature, Emm Digital and Kharma Midi Grand Speakers ($225K)? Below is the Sheet for the system, location, etc
I did and also saw David (ddk) there manning the suite. Have to run and check out but will post the pictures and impressions in the next couple of days.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Pics on ASR are terrific! :cool:
Thanks for your effort, Amir.
Thank you so much Sam. It is kind words that makes me want to go and do that! :)

I post a few more experiences last night and this morning and still have not finished the pictures from day one!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing