Jazdoc's 2016 Best of Pop & Rock

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Great, great year for new music. All on vinyl

William Bell "This Is Where I Live"
Produced by John Leventhal. This is the answer to people who say 'they don't make music like that anymore'. Very good sound quality.

Blood Orange "Freetown Sound"
Probably my most played 2016 release and a reference quality recording

CloZee "Revolution"
This is the year the Feedbands label really hit its stride. Excellent quality vinyl of this French electronica artist.

Leonard Cohen "You Want It Darker"
Cohen closed out his career with perhaps the strongest trio of studio records in his long career.

Rainbow Girls "Percerptronium"
Another fabulous Feedbands release. A really fun record.

Shearwater "Jet Plane and Oxbow"
Another great LP on SubPop. Very good recording quality. They also release a limited run of their cover of Bowie's "Lodger"

Sugar Candy Mountain "666"
My latest earworm. A touch of psychedelia mixed with a bit of Velvet Underground with Nico.

Ultimate Painting "Dusk"
Side project for the guitarists Veronica Falls and Mazes. I like their collaboration better than their primary bands.

Jack White "Acoustic Recordings 1998-2006"
Great retrospective and a potpourri of outtakes and alternative interpretations.

Geoffrey Williams "Yes Is The Answer"
Final Feedbands entrant. Killer LP with great sonics.

Also enjoyed Charles Bradley "Changes", Mike Dillon "Functioning Broke", Whitney "Light Upon The Lake" and Teenage Fanclub "Here" (marginal sonics on LP). Tried and tried, but couldn't get into Bowie's "Blackstar'...

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing